Home

If You Built a Team Like the Warriors in Previous Years, Would You Have Considered it Sim?

This is a discussion on If You Built a Team Like the Warriors in Previous Years, Would You Have Considered it Sim? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If You Built a Team Like the Warriors in Previous Years, Would You Have Considere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
6 or 7 teams could have drafted Steph. Klay was like the 10th pick or something so even more could have drafted him. Draymond was a 2nd rounder so the entire league passed up on him once. If you draft well you should be rewarded. Steph being injured early on allowed the team to sign him for about half of what he was worth. If not then Durant wouldn't have been possible unless he took a huge cut. So that, coupled with the exploding cap created the unique circumstance that is Golden State. They drafted and developed a great team. Then at the end they had enough cap space to not only sign a top 2 player in the league but have him want to join a stacked roster. It'll probably never happen again but it was organic all the way. Not like the big 3 going to Miami. So I would consider it sim.

Nice. Don't see that perspective often.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

72% Team Pro Am| 77% Walk On|76% Park| A Teammate Grade| PS4 Name: JustCallMeSleepy. Pm me on here or add me on PS4 if you wanna run.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #18
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

Re: If You Built a Team Like the Warriors in Previous Years, Would You Have Considere

Junior Moe nailed it. There's nothing cheesy about building a team with a #7, #11, and #35 draft pick, and then adding one free agent when the cap happened to spike. Lost among all of the talent talk is that the Warriors all play unselfish team ball. They play incredible defense. Steve Kerr does not get enough credit for the way they play. There are jokes about anyone being able to coach the Warriors, but that's bull****. Kerr is very important. The character of the players in very important. There was also some luck involved with Curry getting his contract extension before he broke out as an MVP.

If you think that talent alone wins ball games, then ask yourself why Kentucky doesn't win the NCAA title more often. It's because chemistry and coaching are undervalued. You don't win games on paper.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:37 PM   #19
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I would consider that team OP.

KD in his prime going to the 2nd best team in the NBA that didn't need another star? That's like if Kawhi Leonard joined the current Cavs team.

Their championships are watered down and as a fan I won't be that impressed by their success, it's expected.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #20
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I have quit plenty of franchise modes from teams I thought were over powered and still no where close to how stacked the Warriors or even the Cavs are in real life.

This is actually my main problem with the NBA right now it effects my 2k dynasty because I feel I have to make a super team just to even stand a chance of winning a championship.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:20 PM   #21
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I love shooting but the NBA has ruined the other aspects of the game and in particular post play.

If you are allowed to post in the NBA, especially in the playoffs, it's only at home. Blame the NBA for ruining the post game for allowing defenders to push and shove post players out to nearly the three point line before they can get the ball basically eliminating post play. (Blame them again for eliminating the center position from the all star ballot.)

If you combine that with bigs being able to grab and hold defenders on screens and basically make a mad dash to shove their way down to the restricted area to get offensive rebounds it sets the stage for the long ball.

And don't even get me started on the collective bargaining agreement that allows every other team in the league to pay Paul George more than the team that drafted him so these super teams can be created.

Oh and better not mention that stupid three point foul called on the screen where the defender gets deflected into the shooter getting three shots.

That call is as bad as three seconds being called half a dozen times a 12 minute quarter game in NBA2K17.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 06-05-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Like in real basketball, the goal is to assemble the best team you can, and the goal is to win every game. In old 2K I would always play with my Sixers, and I'd have AI already. My goal was always to get Garnett on my team. Either by sign or trade. Sometimes I'd get him then the game would become too easy. Later on when the game would get easy i'd loose interest. I still have a similar approach but im a little mindful, knowing if I become too powerful it will ruin it. I have had some pretty stacked teams in my day. But most, LIKE the real Warriors would lack a bench. (On paper the Warriors bench don't look great, but they play great in that system)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I would consider that team OP.

KD in his prime going to the 2nd best team in the NBA that didn't need another star? That's like if Kawhi Leonard joined the current Cavs team.

Their championships are watered down and as a fan I won't be that impressed by their success, it's expected.
Then you shouldn't be impressed by the many many stacked NBA teams that came before the Warriors. 83 Sixers, those 80's Lakers and Celtics teams, the 04 Pistons. If we're simply going dominance the Lakers 3peated only loosing 3 finals games in 3 seasons. Even tho Jordan didn't have a big 3 they dominated the finals in the 90's. Its nothing new.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:34 AM   #24
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

That's why I never really bought into the whole SIM thing. I've seen some leagues w/ some ridiculous rules. Things like you can only have so many points in the paint, attempt a certain amount of 3s, only run a fast pace offense if you have certain teams and etc. It's just was ridiculous.

So if I am killing from 3 and I have someone open I supposed to pass up on it so I want go pass the limit of 3s in a half?

You just have to find people that just play basketball is all I can call it. I just don't want you to exploit the game w/ things like in the past such as constantly spin dunking or etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »