Home

2K18 My Career vs NBA Live 18

This is a discussion on 2K18 My Career vs NBA Live 18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #9
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K18 My Career vs NBA Live 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
2k is just so far ahead of the competition . And I'm sure in the next month or so they'll introduce something that will get us all on edge and excited again.
NBA Live animations look pretty awful, but doing something as simple as "Progress your character however you want and have fun" has caught a lot of people's attention.

I'm hoping 2k sees what EA is doing and how well "The One" idea is being received and copies it.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
Pro

2k17 career mode was so tedious with all the forced cutscenes and practices that created so much loading screens.

I dont want to see my guy walk out the damn door everytime, just load it without that animation.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Since we know nothing about 2k18 career though this thread should possibly be titled "2k17 My Career vs. NBA Live 18". Based on what Live has shown thus far I would take their version over 2k17. Freedom is almost always better than having strings attached. Someone on youtube made the point that 2k's Career mode has pretty much taken away the ability to have more diverse body types in the game and that's a shame if true.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
NBA Live animations look pretty awful, but doing something as simple as "Progress your character however you want and have fun" has caught a lot of people's attention.

I'm hoping 2k sees what EA is doing and how well "The One" idea is being received and copies it.
Unless Live is going to be comparatively better than Madden, put me in the camp that just doesn't care. I know 2K has it's own hangups when trying to simulate basketball, but in relation to Madden's representation of football, they have an incredibly polished product here that allows the user to learn and trust in the mechanics of the game.

When taking this online into the park or pro am with a mycareer player, this is illustrated by the fact that there are very few moments in 2K where you'll make a gameplay mistake that you can't accurately access through replays and learning the mechanics.

Madden sucks. It's gotten better but it still does a pretty poor job of simulating football and when playing against other people online you often understand not everything is entirely in your control. This happens in 2K, but I've never experienced it in the same degree that I've experienced it in EA's games.

I just do not trust EA with sports. I don't like the auto anklebreakers in 2K but when you compare that too how Madden illustrates a successful juke move... For all of it's shortcomings 2K does an excellent job of putting as much responsibility on the User as possible and this creates an environment that allows people to show exceptional skill within the game.

Perhaps my lifelong passion for football negates the ability for me to casually enjoy EA's football title, but that product is no where near as good as 2K17. Perhaps someone intimately familiar with the FIFA series can sell EA's ability to make a decent sport game, because if Live is essentially Basketball's Madden, 2K is going to continue burying that lame company in this niche.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Since we know nothing about 2k18 career though this thread should possibly be titled "2k17 My Career vs. NBA Live 18". Based on what Live has shown thus far I would take their version over 2k17. Freedom is almost always better than having strings attached. Someone on youtube made the point that 2k's Career mode has pretty much taken away the ability to have more diverse body types in the game and that's a shame if true.
I think it is true with the body type theory. Since they use Mo-Caps and a lot of cut-scenes, having different body types might mess up the animations of the cut-scenes.

I will be honest, I am kind of intrigued with 'The One'. I have been getting tired of the different stories every year with MyCareer. The concept of 'The One' is very similar to MyCareer. But MyCareer is hard to improve when they are developing a new story EVERY year. We are sure to have a different story this year.
I'm not buying Live 18, but I will try the demo and if the gameplay is playable then I might rent it on GameFly
Old 06-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

The problem with My Career is that 2K puts so much into the eye candy antics when creating the my career experience. What happens is that after about 2 weeks or so those eye candy things get old and redundant. They become a pain in the a$$ and game players start to dive into the actual gameplay of My Career and control of their my player and we find out that the mode has become stale and repetitive copies of previous titles just with a new forced upon you storyline. I hope the other game pushes 2K to change the direction of how we play My Career.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #15
Banned

Comparing live and 2k is objectively a joke. 2K is several tiers above... and its always have been since it's existence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #16
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Am I the only one that remembers the entire reason we have attribute caps in 2k17 is because of all the complaining from when there weren't any caps?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »