Home

Is 2K Ready for Female My career/Same Sex Career Story?

This is a discussion on Is 2K Ready for Female My career/Same Sex Career Story? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #9
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is 2K Ready for Female My career/Same Sex Career Story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Based on an early NBA Live screenshot, it looks like the WNBA may be involved in some way shape or fashion with the upcoming Live 18.

EA also does this in FIFA with Womens National Soccer teams.

There's a ton of female sports fans, especially basketball. If it is true that Live is making the jump to WNBA ball, it'll be a shame that 2K missed out on this opportunity.

I'd love to be able to play with Kristal Plum, Diana Taurasi, Candace Parker, Elena Delle Done, etc. in BOTH games, not just Live.

I won't touch the LBGT subject, though. That's a can of worms just waiting to be opened and it might not end well on these forums. As far as women and sports games, there's a whole new untapped market when it comes to WNBA ball that i think 2K should try to exploit like Live (speculation) is.
Same. I'd also like to see the classic Women's USA Team with the likes of prime Lisa Leslie, Tina Thompson, Sheryl Swoopes, Rebecca Lobo, Cynthia Cooper, etc.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #10
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Just add the WNBA in the game as a gamemode. That would be cool

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

It's definitely something that can help boost Lives sells considering 2k has yet to attempt it and if it does well for them I'm sure 2k will jump on the bandwagon and start featuring them too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #12
Rookie

I don't really think 2K should go with any of that off the court stuff that gets too personal like that. Even the girlfriend stuff in 2K17 is weirdly implemented given the random break up and weird celebration scene afterwards without any explanation. Unless it were heavily choice based which then seems like a lot to put into the game for something that doesn't really impact your career, then you're shoehorning the player into something. Kind of like in 2K16 where you awkwardly had a family that acted like you were one of them whether you looked anything like them or not. It often feels forced, especially on commentary where they have to mention that and I can only imagine having to record that commentary. You're playing a serious basketball game then hear lines about you dating a girl and it doesn't feel natural. Rarely is that type of stuff ever talked about in reality on commentary during a game.

However in terms of female players, I feel like if there is no WNBA representation, they should at least allow female myplayers online. They've already animated and scanned Rachel into the games for the 2KTV interview in MyCareer and such so it's not like they haven't done anything with that yet. This would however require them to actually touch the hairstyles in the game and add new ones along with various other aspects so who knows if we'll see this. Park and Pro-Am aren't really associated with the NBA itself in the game, so I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to have diversity there and it would probably open 2K up to new female gamers as well seeing something like this.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

i think 2K should just stay away from the deep relationship stuff. Personally, I really don't care. I'm guessing the vast majority of NBA2K fans aren't here for that stuff, though. I definitely think there should be women ballers for the park and stuff. That would be cool. Keep the story mode basic enough where it essentially swaps the pronouns if that's the case.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #14
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

I think they need to fix the current game before they worry about dumping money into adding the WNBA into the game. They could always create a WNBA 2k18 if they had the time and the money, but the current game needs to be fixed first imo.

Not being sexist, but let's just face the facts here, the WNBA isn't nearly as popular as the NBA. I feel like it could backfire on them if they spent the money to put it into the game just for a very, very small percentage of players to utilize it.

I know a lot of girls that play 2k and watch the NBA but don't focus on the WNBA at all. It just isn't as popular or well known as the NBA. You have to remember that the NBA has also been around a lot longer than the WNBA and the WNBA is a very different style of play that some people just don't enjoy.

If 2k17 didn't have so many problems with the gameplay and other things, I'd say hell yeah go ahead and add it to the game for the people who might enjoy it. But 2k17 did have a lot of problems that need to be fixed before they address adding the WNBA
Old 06-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #15
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

not sure what a same sex career mode, i mean the point of the mode is about a basketball career, i dont really think any relationship stuff is needed same sex or otherwise.

I am surprised they dont allow female body types in the park, I mean there are alot of woman playing the park. I guess because they would have to have it in career mode, it probably loses out to overall design issues, but if the separated park from mycareer some way, they would probably def. have female body types.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #16
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Nah 2k shouldn't go that deep.

Also the community is just way too immature for that anyway.

I wouldn't mind WNBA inclusion though.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »