Home

Does anybody play user defense in Online Play Now?

This is a discussion on Does anybody play user defense in Online Play Now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #9
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Does anybody play user defense in Online Play Now?

The main reason I don't like playing PlayNow Online. I came online to the play against a user. Not just when I am playing defense.

The bad thing about Xbox is you don't know who he's controlling unless you really pay attention. Mostly it's the center. You start giving the center the ball and he switches off or whoever gets the ball. It's ridiculous lol. I just start involving the player he's guarding in pick and roll situations. I usually always win but it's just boring and annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #10
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

The 1v1 really feels the most "video game" to me.

It's more about learning all the controls, the settings, the AI tendencies, ways to trick/exploit bad AI, etc.

Now I see why 5v5 is what they want to use for eSports. I just wish the 5v5 had the same depth of MyLeague.

MyLeague's depth is so damn cool... why not let us play in a MyLeague with 100% MyPlayers? The stats, social media updates, coaching, trading system... it's all really fun.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #11
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Playing off ball all game is a bailout. They know the ai is the best defender so they take the easy way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its really not the best defender. The CPU doesn't help you more than you can help yourself. I use off ball because switching always freezes the player right as I switch, leaving my opponent to go for a easy shot. However, manual on ball defense is much more effective. Either way, there are no rules against it. There is no advantage to it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #12
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Its really not the best defender. The CPU doesn't help you more than you can help yourself. I use off ball because switching always freezes the player right as I switch, leaving my opponent to go for a easy shot. However, manual on ball defense is much more effective. Either way, there are no rules against it. There is no advantage to it

There's nothing wrong with early switching to get players into position or stuff like that, My comment is towards the 75-100 off ball guys. The ones that switch anytime the ball gets near them, the paint campers and the roamers looking to only play the passing lanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-14-2017, 06:05 AM   #13
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
There's nothing wrong with early switching to get players into position or stuff like that, My comment is towards the 75-100 off ball guys. The ones that switch anytime the ball gets near them, the paint campers and the roamers looking to only play the passing lanes.

I just played a guy last night and all he did was off ball. It was funny because I haven't played in like 2 months. Anyways I got him camping in the key to get 3 defensive key position. After the score blew up he rage quit. He didn't like that I was doing user defense as he got 4 shot clock violations.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #14
Banned

Housh123's Arena

What I do is guard the paint straight up whenever anyone goes in there because I uteerly hate when my CPU bites at trash pump fakes

On the perimeter ill guard Curry man up so he doesn't get any 3s on me. Same as any PG with a jumper. Against guys like Wall and Livingston im going off ball on someone else flat out, unless they start posting up. Or if I see that the guy cant dribble with their PG then ill off ball. Or if you dribble too good and you start working me out ill go off ball.

Im not gonna let anybody just do what they want comfortably all game. If that means swallowing my pride and changing my tactic then so be it.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #15
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

What are the best Defensive settings if you want to play a lot of off-ball (with a big)?

I haven't been able to find good defensive settings that get my cpu teammates playing better D. They keep leaving dudes open at 3 or failing to help in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »