Home

Rubberbanding

This is a discussion on Rubberbanding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #9
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Rubberbanding

There is no comeback code.

See my signature.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I think the the hot /cold streaks are a little overdone. Some shots are broken. Fouls are random. Loose balls go to the offense most of the time. A lot of bad shots go in . Sliding out of defensive positions on lead passes.

But I don't think rubber banding is in the game .
that's literally a rubberbanding in different word. Players attributes go up and down throughout the game forcing you into failing at times that greatly help opposition to comeback into the game. Of course you can be so much better than opponent that it wont matter, but in close games it feels like i do have little control if I prevail or not.
Rubberbanding is a non intentional effect thats caused by gameplay mechanics

Last edited by Vroman; 06-20-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #11
Pro

It is 100% in this game I don't care what they say. To quote a to 5 DJ all time, "They Don't want you to win."
I only notice this on HOF, not superstar allstar or custom sliders, it seems to be with HOF in particular.

Side note:
I don't know if I'm the only one that notices but sometimes the shot meter 'freezes'. Don't know how to explain it but usually in the last 2 mins of a fourth quarter, on free throws of a close game, you'll fill up the meter and it'll stutter a bit before showing if it was an excellent release or a white release. No? Just me? okay.

Well
Put it to HOF and all of a sudden:

A 7 foot shot blocker blocking 2 shots on the previous possessions, then mysteriously jumping and shoving down Tyler Ulis, (who is btw, a whopping 5'10), in the fourth quarter, committing a flagrant foul with 2 mins left in the game after picking up only 1 other foul all game.

Kyle O'Quinn fueling the Knicks 10 point comeback by making 3 contested 3s in the fourth after barely playing the whole game due to foul trouble.

Going on a 10-0 run yourself, then without any timeout or momentum swinging possession (Block, Turnover, foul, steal, Dunk, 3, airball) you start missing layups and floaters and shots you've been making all game, while the CPU takes the same contested shots that they were missing this whole game, but this time makes all of them and goes on their own 10-0 run.

If these cases sound so specific its because they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 11:47 PM   #12
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Doesn't exist. Don't understand why people still believe this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-22-2017, 03:28 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

Rubberbanding, Hot and cold spells or whatever... There's definitely rubberband like patterns going on in this game. I think its more noticeable against the CPU then it is User to User, which may be why many deny it, but its definitely there. Artificial Momentum shifts... Ball tangibility. Its all there. Against the CPU, its so obvious. Bum 72 rated players all of a sudden becoming clamp gods and dead eye shooters. Its there no doubt. but as long as 2k denies it, it'll remain a mystery, even if the evidence is clear.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Oh and especially in MyCareer it is glaring... which is why Hero ball becomes the only way to win.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #15
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Lol they literally made hot/cold streaks and the 'OJ' tandem in MyCareer to hide this mechanic. Yet it still happens whether or not my players are running hot or cold. Subbing hot/cold players doesn't matter most of the time either.
It is in virtually every sports game. Many major leagues will tell you it's commonplace. At least it is not as prominent in matches as it is in EA's titles. Tilting/rubberbanding is not a bad thing, however very frustrating at times. Just have to learn to play with it.

Anyone care to actually prove it's not in 2k? I've only seen evidence of it happening..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #16
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
There is no comeback code.

See my signature.
He gave it a bunch of different names. Still no tangible proof.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »