Home

A way to leave detailed feedback on guys in the park is needed.

This is a discussion on A way to leave detailed feedback on guys in the park is needed. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:38 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: A way to leave detailed feedback on guys in the park is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Well i would take it a step further and ask that 2k implement lobbies for park and pro am based off of Grade Average, DNF%(Did Not Finish) win Percentage
and win loss ratio
. If you have low marks in any one of these(C- Minus and lower, or your Win Percentage is low or your DNF is high(70%) you should not be playing with people with better win percentages.

Rookie Park/Pro Am

Allstar Park/Pro Am

Superstar Park/Pro AM

Hall Of Fame Park/Pro Am

This would separate the folks that are new to the game or just not that good, from the veterans and the elites. There should added incentive for playing well. An Increase in VC earned per park/Pro Am match makes sense. Also it wouldnt hurt if we could have more things to spend our VC on because park clothes and Mascots are so 2015.

Only thing about using win/loss as a measurement is that it's not always the best indicator of being a good teammate in the park as you can often fall victim to the circumstances indicated by the OP. Unfortunately I mainly play park with randoms because my friends don't really play MyPark. Grade average could be a great tool but that system needs to be upgraded. Point scoring plays too much of a factor and other things like rebounding, help d, etc. aren't given enough impact on a player's grade. They really need to add an excessive dribbling/holds ball to long to the grading system so all the ball hogging, time sucking chuckers get punished.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 06-16-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played the other day against a kid, in game chat who was only trying to break ankles for the whole shot clock then threw up horrible shots at the end, and trying to call us out.

Let's say it wouldn't have been fun for his team mates who got dropped off 22-2
Old 06-17-2017, 01:08 AM   #11
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Just played a walk on game where the SG went 7-20 and only had 3 assists even tho he had the ball all game

I went 3-4 with 5 assists while touching the ball TOPS twice a quarter.

Dude did all that ballhogging and missed every shot in the 4th

The least you can do is win us the game if your not gonna pass all game cmon bro

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 01:41 AM   #12
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Only thing about using win/loss as a measurement is that it's not always the best indicator of being a good teammate in the park as you can often fall victim to the circumstances indicated by the OP. Unfortunately I mainly play park with randoms because my friends don't really play MyPark. Grade average could be a great tool but that system needs to be upgraded. Point scoring plays too much of a factor and other things like rebounding, help d, etc. aren't given enough impact on a player's grade. They really need to add an excessive dribbling/holds ball to long to the grading system so all the ball hogging, time sucking chuckers get punished.

I second this. My walk on record is horrendous

But you can literally go hours without winning in walk on. Games take 40 minutes. Long time to be playing with trash ppl

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-17-2017, 01:45 AM   #13
Pro

Jesus_Swagglesworth's Arena

They need to create their own elo rating / skill point system, and make that rating public. It's not gonna be a perfect system, but it would probably have more integrity than any other option.

It's easier said than done, but it seems like every other game has a similar system now. If they can get it right, they can apply it to every other game mode too... It should at least help weed out who's bad lol
Old 06-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #14
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
I hate hoping on the spot with some random bum who chucks up crazy shots and doesn't pass. Most frustrating thing ever. I'll be down court wide open for a fast break and they'll just completely ignore me and pull up for some crazy three pointer (as opposed to giving me a wide open dunk)
Can't have that. It's all about them.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #15
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
So an example entry could be:
McBuckets1998
06/16/2017 Park game
10 points(4/16)
Description: This dude is pure trash.
This example is a pretty good reason why a feedback system isn't a great idea. You're gonna encourage even more trash talk.

I think the game needs better matchmaking for better teams and more positive ways to give feedback.

If you could chest bump your teammates or pick them up when they fall, then you might encourage some kind of teamwork.

Or you could add pre-written communication (like Rocket League) that say stuff like "I'll space the floor" "I'll set screens" "Look for me in the corner" "Great defense!" etc. etc.

An Archetype system means nobody can really do it all, so teamwork, properly arranged teams, and positive communication is needed in order to win... we need more tools for Archetypes to work, basically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #16
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Can't have that. It's all about them.
That's my point lol if you want to score all the points yourself than go play 21, don't hop on 3v3s and not even pass to your other 2 teammates

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »