Home

Justice Young ruined career mode

This is a discussion on Justice Young ruined career mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #33
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Justice Young ruined career mode

It would be beautiful if they had a "Turn story on/off" option. I think some people want to feel like they're on a journey, that's fine and I get it.

But I think there's more of us who say "Just get this non-sense over with and let us do what we gotta do to play online"
Old 06-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #34
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Yeah...wait till 2k18 or some future iteration where you have a whole team of actors instead of actual players. That's right folks...MyCareer is going to be a full on drama where you have to deal with each actor teammates on how to gel as a team to go the championship.

TBH this seems like the route they are taking to...
Old 06-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm tired of these different stories every year. As someone said earlier, if you played on Superstar or HOF, Justice couldn't make 3's consistently and couldn't defend despite high ratings. Then even if you get traded or sign elsewhere story went on. Where I got injuried and simmed rest of season, and in second season they had the story continue from where I simmed.

I liked the last gen better. Feels like a lot of small features were taken out like suggesting trades, Free Agency, Pre-Draft Interviews, Summer League, and more. I liked the cut scenes part better than forced story. I think a reason they went away from NBA player cutscenes to actors because most of the players they used were poor voice actors(like Al Jefferson).

It is a certainty that there will be a new different story. I think NCAA will still be apart of it. I love the NCAA inclusion so no reason I want that too change, especially they don't add other pre-rookie season features. But I think the story line for this year will be along the lines of creating a superteam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #36
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

OVR: 0

It was fun for the first season, but the cut scenes got old fast and so did playing with an actor. It also kinda just makes playing as a guard pointless.

2k18 would be dope if they make some dynamic story-lines with REAL players, being dependent on the team you go to

And FFS give us different voice options !!!
Old 06-27-2017, 09:04 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Please, Justice and the entire OJ tandem is the only thing that made career mode somewhat playable. Otherwise, the entire mode would've been borderline unplayable this year.

The story part of it was good, but the on court execution is absolute garbage. The AI not guarding Young AT ALL when he is off the ball is ridiculous.

Last edited by tox64; 06-27-2017 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forum censorship is over the top

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »