Home

Justice Young ruined career mode

This is a discussion on Justice Young ruined career mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Justice Young ruined career mode

because the AI doesn't cover him. This guy is a deadeye from deep and EVERY SINGLE team guards him by sagging his defender into the paint! So every 3 he takes is wide open. Makes for an unenjoyable game.

Additionally, if you get traded to a team with out him, substitutions become broken. By broken I mean the ai plays you without a break. Only subbing you out once a game.

Please no sidekicks in 2k18!

Last edited by tox64; 06-19-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Justice Young ruined career mode

Please, Justice and the entire OJ tandem is the only thing that made career mode somewhat playable. Otherwise, the entire mode would've been borderline unplayable this year.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #3
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Please, Justice and the entire OJ tandem is the only thing that made career mode somewhat playable. Otherwise, the entire mode would've been borderline unplayable this year.
Disagree entirely

Justice Young was just a ball hog who was always higher rated than you. Did Kobe have a best buddy? Young LeBron? MJ? The forced "he trains harder than anybody" stuff

Nah I just wanted to come into the league and dominate, not be part of a meme.

The problem with the fully scripted MyCareer is that in order to tell a linear story these days you need to be on like... The Witcher 3 level of storytelling. There is no reason a basketball game can't have an engaging story too.

If not, let me build my own crazy choose-your-own-adventure alternate NBA timeline
Old 06-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #4
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Come on, you really enjoy all this "orange juice" Bs? Lol there's no point in it and it's honestly just annoying. I don't even use the Orange Juice player switch thing when I get the option to.

2k told us that MyCareer was going to be far more immersive this year and that the choices we made would actually matter. I honestly haven't seen that at all. Our whole career is still planned out start to finish. It's really annoying especially since 2k throws all this cringey stuff into the game like "Orange Juice".

I'm glad it's not as bad as Spike Lees horrendous MyCareer story last year though. I mean, as a white dude, it was really weird and kind of awkward that I was coming from a black family to begin with, but it was bearable. It really just went over the top when they decided to kill your best friend and then have his ghost come back to talk to you....

But anyways, I agree with the OP. All this nonsense needs to go. If you want to add cutscenes and a story line and stuff like that, I'd be fine with it and I would actually prefer that over not having any storyline. Just make sure the storyline isn't stupid and allow us to take different paths throughout the story that ultimately end in different places.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #5
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

On lower difficulties he's OP, but on Superstar/HOF this dude can't hit an open shot to save his life. He turns the ball over 4 times a game(minimum) and constantly gets cooked on defense too. If I wasn't on New Orleans with AD and Boogie I'd have to score 40 a game to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

I'm happy they included the guy so we could farm for badges more easily

With that being said, having to farm for badges is stupid and so is wasting time on a story mode with another fictional player
Old 06-20-2017, 03:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I'm happy they included the guy so we could farm for badges more easily

With that being said, having to farm for badges is stupid and so is wasting time on a story mode with another fictional player
Farming badge is stupid, spamming the same move everytime just to get a skill badge.

I just want to be able to purchase badges with vc while playing a sim orienated badketball pace type of game.

This farming is tedious and makes myCareer very boring.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:40 AM   #8
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
On lower difficulties he's OP, but on Superstar/HOF this dude can't hit an open shot to save his life. He turns the ball over 4 times a game(minimum) and constantly gets cooked on defense too. If I wasn't on New Orleans with AD and Boogie I'd have to score 40 a game to win.
That's quite accurate. He's got 3pt shooting and defense at 90s, but he's been at 35 3P% and he gets owned even by average players. From time to time, he gets hot and hits three 3-pointers in a row and have a few steals and plays good D, but he's extremely inconsistent and unreliable. I play for the Bulls, and Robin López and even Mirotic are more consistent than him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »