Home

A.C.E. Display/Notification Moving Forward

This is a discussion on A.C.E. Display/Notification Moving Forward within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
A.C.E. Display/Notification Moving Forward

EDIT: 8/4/17

Thank you again Scott and DaCzar for doing this, I really appreciate this, keep it coming.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#3d982f04d66a
There's even a defensive assist setting that you can enable that tells your player what he should be doing mid-play. It's an unobtrusive message that appears over the human-controlled player that says things like "get back," or "stop the ball." It can be really helpful for those who may not know defensive assignments.

EDIT: 8/4/17
Looks like we are getting Def Visual Aids...Thank You Scott and DaCzar, unlike George and Weezy we're not moving on up, but we're moving in the right direction

https://twitter.com/MikeLowe47/statu...94132029530112
New coach communication option is a visual that will help you on defense with visual shoutouts (switch!)

When on offense, you know how you have those "white" circles underneath the player indicating who to pass it to. Well, what if when you have ACE "ON" and the focus of the offense change and the coach is asking you to run the play through a particular player. Why don't Visual Concepts change the color underneath the player to let say green, signaling to the end user that we are now running the offense through Anthony Davis.

Circle color will tell you the play type. This is for freelance offense

Green = Post Play
Red = 3 point Play
Yellow = Mid Range
Purple = Pick/Screen Play

In 2K16 I can't remember which button at the moment, but if you had your ACE on, if you hit that button on the inbounds, you will see the coach change the focus of the offense which was great.

And because 2K has so many defensive schemes and some team specific, it is incumbent upon visual concepts to let the end user know what type of scheme he is in so that he/she can work in concert with the AI. On offense you get notification of your freelance or plays via dialogue box, we need this on defense as well.

We also need play art, but in a different way on Defense.

If you select a player on defense, you get a momentary icon pop up over your player to tell you how you are supposed to defend this match up

When you select a player defending Devin Booker you get a "D/U" pop over the or under the player to let you know you are "Denying and going Under on Screens" for Devin Booker. You switch to another player and "T/O" pops over their head you know you're playing Tight and going Over on screens. This also works for offball stuff also. Again this is mometary display to reduce clutter on screen, on screen for a couple of seconds.

Of course this can be turned off, but i would love for this to be available for players especially on Defense so we know what we are doing in the scheme.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 08-05-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: A.C.E. Display/Notification Moving Forward

I think these are good suggestions, but there should definitely be an option to switch them off. Hardcore, competitive types might not want this much assistance.

The only little thing I'd change is to use iconography instead of abbreviations like "D/U". Helps get around localization issues, is slightly more readable, and makes things less confusing, e.g. "D? What does D stand for?"

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
I think these are good suggestions, but there should definitely be an option to switch them off. Hardcore, competitive types might not want this much assistance.

The only little thing I'd change is to use iconography instead of abbreviations like "D/U". Helps get around localization issues, is slightly more readable, and makes things less confusing, e.g. "D? What does D stand for?"
My dude this is the first time in my wishlist that you made me aware of localization. I knew of it, but didn't think beyond my region.

Yes, having the option to have it display for the novice and not for the hardcore will always be an option. But, because Scott has programmed so many schemes, I don't think a hardcore player will benefit from turning it off.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:18 PM   #4
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

In a kind of related note:

I really hope they redo the on the fly coaching menus, they are INSANELY BAD. They are all but unreadable with the words being drawn is all different directions.

I can't imagine a worse implementation, and its especially confusing since they had much better systems in the past. Remember when you could bring up a small stats sheet with hot/cold on it? I miss that.

2k please
Old 06-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
In a kind of related note:

I really hope they redo the on the fly coaching menus, they are INSANELY BAD. They are all but unreadable with the words being drawn is all different directions.

I can't imagine a worse implementation, and its especially confusing since they had much better systems in the past. Remember when you could bring up a small stats sheet with hot/cold on it? I miss that.

2k please
I pray to Zeus and Jesus the on the fly coaching menus work this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
MVP

Old Video on how I would like to see A.C.E. on Show the Defense you're in, just like the offense, in addition to the Player match up play art.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
But how do you get to know how ACE wants you to defend an opposing player? You cannot look it up anywhere.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #8
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
But how do you get to know how ACE wants you to defend an opposing player? You cannot look it up anywhere.
You handle scouting reports before the game and if you control the whole team, then set the defensive matchups, options, and schemes yourself, just like the real pros do. Hence why I said for the hardcore players.

One other way it can lean towards "sim", if you will, would be to get feedback from the coach during dead balls and timeouts if you are somehow failing to stick to the gameplan, in a more in-depth manner than the current useless chatter you hear from that assistant coach on the bench.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »