Home

Why did you make the player you made

This is a discussion on Why did you make the player you made within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Why did you make the player you made

I find it interesting why ppl decide to make the player they make. Im wondering if it actually has a real life tie to how that person plays basketball or do more ppl gravitate towards making a guy that they could never emulate.

Im a shorter guy and when I play basketball im more of a push the tempo passer. I like to beat everyone down the court and get my own shot if guys are being lazy. I also love catch and shoot 3s.

But on 2k iv leaned more towards making huge centers. I just think its fun making a guy who can do things I would never be able to do. Such as rebounding, blocking shots, and dunking on guys.

Im just wondering do people make players that mirror what they do in real life or do ppl like going the fantasy route like me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why did you make the player you made

Very good question. Personally I have 3 archetypes that all emulate my game. I have a shot creator a glass cleaner and a lockdown. When I play basketball I like to use runners and floaters. Mostly off the dribble shots rarely am I in a position to just catch and shoot. I'm always crashing the glass and I love to play defense.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:09 AM   #3
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

I have 4 different players who are 4 different archetypes, but I spend the vast majority of my time using my 6'7" PG Slasher. He's just really fun to play with and I get a lot of height mismatches on players which makes it really hard for them to guard me in the paint and slashing to the hoop. The reason I chose PG over SG or SF is mostly because the faster you are and the better ball control you have, the easier it is to score.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:08 AM   #4
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I started with a 6'10" Lockdown Defender and quickly realized 2K didn't reward the defender with much lateral movement. I even made MyPlayer lighter to move around the court and cover different types of players. I'd been smaller players, but have always enjoyed playing a big position. Plus I felt my Crew needed another big man and I didn't need to be the main scorer.

With that being said, I realized my Crew needed a primary shooter because everyone made slashers or playmakers. So with my 2nd build I made a Sharpshooting smaller, quick SG.

Not a big fan of either archetype. Will definitely switch next season.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I always make a defensive and athletic PF 6'10-6'11 for years based on prime Shawn Kemp. I really want to Make Minnesota KG but it's next to impossible.

also I make a Scottie Pippen build every year. 6'8 Lockdown /playmaking sf.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 08:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

I made a point forward so I could have the best of both worlds. Decent height and good passing skills

I recent mad a paint protector so I could run the floor and block shots

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 06-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #7
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I used to make a player that had all of my measurables and had my exact same playstyle every year until MyPark and Pro-Am were introduced.

Now I make players to fit in with what the team needs. At the start of 2K17 I made an athletic glass cleaner PF, but we rarely had 5 and since the CPU can't/won't shoot our court spacing was terrible. So I bit the bullet and made a 7'1 stretch big center. He did great shooting wise but he was slow(even though I maxed out athleticism) and he just wasn't cutting it on the glass for me(maxed his rebounding too) so I remade him.

At the end of it all I settled on a 6'11 stretch big center and I really like the build. His shooting is good of course, but his rebounding, defense, and finishing ability are at a level where I feel like I can be a threat from multiple areas on the court.

I do miss playing as ME tho...but sometimes you gotta do what's best for the team.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Great topic. My players are based off of people, with the spice of fantasy emulation. Let's be honest, under 6' SG's aren't tearing up the league. But having a more athletic Manute Bol at center, on the team is also fun.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »