Home

We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

This is a discussion on We're the older 2K games more fun to you? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #9
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

I mean no mistake this is the greatest basketball game ever made if people played it right.

When I run offline MyGM I have so much fun. Don't have to worry about any cheese. When you play that you can see how great the game is. Rebounding animations are amazing. the new triangle/Y button passing is so great. Skipping a pass all the way to the corner from the other side helps a lot, when you don't have to icon pass to do it. defensive rotations flat out suck but the cpu doesn't really take advantage of you too much once you get pretty good at HOF mode. The paint is probably still extremely too easy to score in but ppl have to remember 2k has said it themselves that they want KIDS to be able to pick 2k right up and compete.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:45 AM   #10
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I broke out 2k14 on the 360 last night and I had a blast. My friends say they would rather play the current game over that for the realism. But while I admit 2K17 is more realistic and still fun, I'd rather play the old 2K games. Whether it'd be the production , the sometimes silly arcade moments, but overall the old 2K ball games simply are more fun. For me, realism does not make for more fun. I know some will argue with hostility, but I always got room for some old 2K bball
Lkmlkkpolkopkpkplkpkkoopkkopkmplpplplplol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I broke out 2k14 on the 360 last night and I had a blast. My friends say they would rather play the current game over that for the realism. But while I admit 2K17 is more realistic and still fun, I'd rather play the old 2K games. Whether it'd be the production , the sometimes silly arcade moments, but overall the old 2K ball games simply are more fun. For me, realism does not make for more fun. I know some will argue with hostility, but I always got room for some old 2K bball

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #11
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

The older 2Ks , gameplay wise, were cheese fests. Does anyone not remember the fade away 3pointers, under the basket cheese, and half court charge cheese?

Yeah...

Everyone wanted these things removed. 2k removed them. Now you want them back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #12
Banned

Cannot shoot on this 2K. Then i play against ppl who automatic green lights and i dont play park only h2h n myleague.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #13
Pro

Yeah. But to me the game sget less and less fun as time passes and I can see more of what's wrong. To me the most fun 2Ks were the ones where I was still a cas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #14
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
the older games didn't have as many features and options, but they were of a better build quality and just more solid from a gameplay perspective
The bugs to me are certainly more pronounced now and I'm unsure why. I don't think it's because 2k doesn't care, but as the games get more technical and more online stuff I just think the devs are going over their heads.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #15
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
The older 2Ks , gameplay wise, were cheese fests. Does anyone not remember the fade away 3pointers, under the basket cheese, and half court charge cheese?

Yeah...

Everyone wanted these things removed. 2k removed them. Now you want them back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I honestly don't remember that happening unless I was playing on rookie or pro and I always adjusted my sliders and always thought the sliders were much more effective on previous gen. Specially 13, 14 and even 15.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #16
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

The roster creation and the community that makes full rosters for 17 is astoundingly awesome. 17 has the most accurate rosters and a simple search for what you're looking for pops right up. One of the few things 17 really wins on all levels is rosters !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »