Home

We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

This is a discussion on We're the older 2K games more fun to you? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #17
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

2k11 is still my favorite.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #18
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

I enjoyed 2k11 and 14 due to the Mj and Bron mode. I thought it was a fun little wrinkle in the series.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 06-28-2017, 04:50 AM   #19
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

It's likely because they're stretching their existing engine to the limits trying to pile on new features and animations and everything else on top of something that is a couple of generations old. Look at how many legacy issues like controller settings randomly resetting, instant replays cutting out after 2 seconds etc. which have been around for at least 5 years are still in the game.

Until they come up with a new engine or start to rebuild things from scratch, a lot of this stuff is likely to get worse rather than better given their shorter and shorter development cycles and over-emphasis on VC generation.

Gotta keep those shareholders happy, boyos.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-28-2017, 06:06 AM   #20
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I honestly don't remember that happening unless I was playing on rookie or pro and I always adjusted my sliders and always thought the sliders were much more effective on previous gen. Specially 13, 14 and even 15.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I don't see how you don't remember. It's well documented, especially on these forums. Online was unplayable because of exploits. 2k did a good job of trying to eliminate these things over the years.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #21
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
I don't see how you don't remember. It's well documented, especially on these forums. Online was unplayable because of exploits. 2k did a good job of trying to eliminate these things over the years.

Well online is disabled so I strictly play friends on the couch or CPU so I won't have this issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #22
Pro

Yes.

2k13 on ps3 (or 14, i might be confusing them) was my favorite for myteam. Players were pretty much realistic and if you knew how to use them you could win with severely underpowered teams which gave it an extra challenge. I remember dropping 50 occasionally with guys like donald royal, jon mcglocklin, etc (against decent players) and being able to get away with having an old vince carter as my go to guy against much better teams. All of this was mostly due to what imo were much better (and responsive) controls as well as the animations that were much more fluid and less drawn out. Of course it had create a legend as well, which was a great alternative for whenever the servers were down.

2k11 was my favorite for myplayer. Not because of crew, i always felt that was an incredible cheesefest and it had an abundance of freezing/crashing. I loved the 5v5 pickup games though, not nearly as much cheese in those.

As an overall package for both myplayer and myteam, as well as having ps4 graphics 2k15 is my favorite. The mycareer story was alright, unlike the last two that annoyed me. The jordan rec was pretty enjoyable most of the time, if i ignore the long waiting times. Myteam was still fun and not a whole lot of exploits except the reverse baseline dunk, zigzag and the overpowered picks. Some unrealistic cards but for the most part nothing as ridiculous as currently. And, perhaps most important, after all the patches the responsiveness of controls and animation fluidity was almost on ps3 levels. Nothing like the sluggishness of 16 and 17.

Unfortunately though as someone who plays online most of the time i'm stuck with 2k17.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:39 AM   #23
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

The only thing I loved was that 2k11 had different difficulty lobbies. You could actually play a ranked match with HOF difficulty. That's what i miss badly
Old 06-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #24
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong or can't grasp but I never feel like I'm in control of my players in 2K16 and 2K17. Offense, defense, doesn't matter. I'm genuinely surprised when my players do what I intend to have them do. I guess it's the weight/momentum, I just can't get comfortable with it.

I've been trying to get back into 2K17 after the draft and I can't finish a single game on default Pro. It's so frustrating. Offenses take forever to setup and execute, I'm often forcing up shots after the first option, which takes 20 seconds to set up, isn't open. I'm probably better off spreading the floor and doing manual PnR all game.

I popped in College Hoops 2K8 last week, which is objectively a brutal game at this point, and played three games in one night. The game is still immensely fun to play even though it's far more arcade than recent NBA2K games.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »