Home

Lets pick apart what could go wrong with a system of upgrading individual attributes

This is a discussion on Lets pick apart what could go wrong with a system of upgrading individual attributes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #9
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lets pick apart what could go wrong with a system of upgrading individual attribu

Just because of the ability to upgrade individual attributes doesn't mean they couldn't cap the maximums based on height and position...

Big men can feel free to upgrade their contested 3 if it maxes out at 60 or 70 or so, etc.

Don't know why people act like it has to be an "all or nothing" solution.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #10
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Re: Lets pick apart what could go wrong with a system of upgrading individual attribu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Just because of the ability to upgrade individual attributes doesn't mean they couldn't cap the maximums based on height and position...

Big men can feel free to upgrade their contested 3 if it maxes out at 60 or 70 or so, etc.

Don't know why people act like it has to be an "all or nothing" solution.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
well that's exactly what we have right now. Didn't change anything
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #11
Banned

One of the biggest issues today is that it costs more today to max out a myplayer to an actual 80something overall (95/96ovr in-game) than it used to be to create a genuine 99.

I started playing mycareer because I wanted (and still want) to recreate my favourite players. People talk about 7ft demi-gods from 2k15 as though they were the best players in the game destroying everyone and they were far from it. Skills and teamplay mattered much more than today's game where glitching animations and speed have taken over. Instead of me wanting to create a KD or an MJ build, we now have players rightfully complaining that they can't even make a Joe Ingles.

The problem in 2k15 came when the 7'2 PG/Center was glitched into existence. Not all 99's are created equal; my pg's with 99 speed were faster than any 7ft SF with a 99 speed, and there was actually a lot of variety of player builds in park, and the park was heaving all year round. Go into a park today and people aren't playing this game nearly half as much as they were at this time of the year on older versions, because people are bored with archetypes and making a new player is such a monotonous chore, that's it's just not any fun to play this game.

I'm sure e-league will be massive for them, and the 100 or so players that will play in it, but where is the fun for everyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2017, 04:33 AM   #12
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
One of the biggest issues today is that it costs more today to max out a myplayer to an actual 80something overall (95/96ovr in-game) than it used to be to create a genuine 99.

I started playing mycareer because I wanted (and still want) to recreate my favourite players. People talk about 7ft demi-gods from 2k15 as though they were the best players in the game destroying everyone and they were far from it. Skills and teamplay mattered much more than today's game where glitching animations and speed have taken over. Instead of me wanting to create a KD or an MJ build, we now have players rightfully complaining that they can't even make a Joe Ingles.

The problem in 2k15 came when the 7'2 PG/Center was glitched into existence. Not all 99's are created equal; my pg's with 99 speed were faster than any 7ft SF with a 99 speed, and there was actually a lot of variety of player builds in park, and the park was heaving all year round. Go into a park today and people aren't playing this game nearly half as much as they were at this time of the year on older versions, because people are bored with archetypes and making a new player is such a monotonous chore, that's it's just not any fun to play this game.

I'm sure e-league will be massive for them, and the 100 or so players that will play in it, but where is the fun for everyone else?
Sorry but 2k15 park/rec was biggest trash ever. It was more popular because it was still very new game mode to most of ppl and everyone was less critical about it. But 7 foot SF's had literally no flaws on their build and near contested shooting was completely broke with certain releases + gold deadeye badge. It was easiest to pick up and play compared to 2k16/2k17, you could step in with randoms and carry a W alone if you good at game, now u cant do it much because you need to switch on picks or u get destroyed easily.

Last edited by Vroman; 07-07-2017 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Sorry but 2k15 park/rec was biggest trash ever. It was more popular because it was still very new game mode to most of ppl and everyone was less critical about it. But 7 foot SF's had literally no flaws on their build and near contested shooting was completely broke with certain releases + gold deadeye badge. It was easiest to pick up and play compared to 2k16/2k17, you could step in with randoms and carry a W alone if you good at game, now u cant do it much because you need to switch on picks or u get destroyed easily.
It wasn't broke with certain releases and deadeye, it was broke because we saw the start of twitter pressure on the game with the release of the final patch for the game, patch 4! (remember those days?).

Like I said, those 7ft SF's weren't indestructible; I never created one but I played against loads of them and never thought they were far superior to any other player build because how you played the game mattered more than any player build or archetype. Hi 2k17!

7ft Sf's will become like unicorns in 2k lore.

The 7'2 PG glitch screwed the game over though; again, I never created one but 2k had the option to kill those players and what did they do? They put VC on sale so even more players would spend money and create their own.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #14
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

in my opinion ,

the game it self is not good anymore , the focus is on park and pro-am, all the only stuff , but not the actual game .

for me I like to play against NBA players not ppl online .

MYplayer year after year is frustrating , arc types don't do their jobs . a slasher cant really drive or slash that good , point forward r playmaker is way better .

Shoot creator was good at some point but ball control is a joke !

LDD not that powerful , meaning any arc type can do his job ! you just need to know how to play D.

Sharp shooter is boring .

Cpu D is ridicules with his GLUE Tactic , I'm not saying you cant beat it but the way you do is not FUN at ALLLLLLLLL!

training is way to long and you have to do it over and over for each player you create .

you cannot select 2nd position for your player frustrating I don't want my 6'9sf to be a sg .

for your player their is never a Primary Role and Secondary Role .

I just hop they give us the ability to model after an NBA Legend .

and the biggest thing ever is to separate Online from Offline , and make the update Optional specially for Shooting Update !!

sorry guys I know I was going off topic and talking to much , it's just I love the game , but year after year twitter and youtube wins the change everything about the game

this year at launch 2k17 was fun , just needed to fix minor things like badges not working and a couple of bugs !
Old 07-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #15

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Separate mycareer from online (park, Pro-Am). Then allow us to upgrade the individual attributes how we see fit. I wanna build my guy the way I want and not be restricted because of a mode I will never touch. If you do it that way nothing can really go wrong. Allow players to either create separate characters for online or upload their characters online but institute your attribute caps there. Offline we have freedom, online you make it as fair as you possibly can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #16
Rookie

Simply do away with online modes. They have hindered every game since it became a thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »