Home

Worth $20?

This is a discussion on Worth $20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Worth $20?

I think people are kind of undervaluing the game at this point (which happens, we're all jaded at this point of it after months of issues). If you were to ask me if you should pay full price for the game, then I'd say no. 20 bucks though? As long as there's nothing else you're eyeing that you feel might be better, then I don't see why not. No game is perfect and this game still has it's gameplay flaws but you can control enough offline that I think you can easily still have fun and realistic games with it.

MyTeam (the Ultimate Team Mode for 2K), you can get through Domination and earn a decent amount of MT with a lot of cards out that you can grab cheaply and have some fun with...just not sure I'd put much stock on playing MyTeam Online given the cheesy line ups and gameplay issues there. I personally gave up on the mode because of that but if I were playing it brand new? It'd probably be fresh.

Career mode can be fun as well, especially if you're not worried about playing online. Make your ideal position (although do be aware that the grind for VC can be tough at first until you start making endorsement bonuses unless you buy it) and archetype and have fun with it. At worst, you get bored of it after a while and either sell it back or it sits there for whenever you feel up for hoops. If you're considering getting 2K18, then it's almost like a preview to take you into the game. Just my take on it.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:28 PM   #10
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
I think people are kind of undervaluing the game at this point (which happens, we're all jaded at this point of it after months of issues). If you were to ask me if you should pay full price for the game, then I'd say no. 20 bucks though? As long as there's nothing else you're eyeing that you feel might be better, then I don't see why not. No game is perfect and this game still has it's gameplay flaws but you can control enough offline that I think you can easily still have fun and realistic games with it.

MyTeam (the Ultimate Team Mode for 2K), you can get through Domination and earn a decent amount of MT with a lot of cards out that you can grab cheaply and have some fun with...just not sure I'd put much stock on playing MyTeam Online given the cheesy line ups and gameplay issues there. I personally gave up on the mode because of that but if I were playing it brand new? It'd probably be fresh.

Career mode can be fun as well, especially if you're not worried about playing online. Make your ideal position (although do be aware that the grind for VC can be tough at first until you start making endorsement bonuses unless you buy it) and archetype and have fun with it. At worst, you get bored of it after a while and either sell it back or it sits there for whenever you feel up for hoops. If you're considering getting 2K18, then it's almost like a preview to take you into the game. Just my take on it.

Nice post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #11
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

I understand for a lot of you're probably completely burned out on the game at this point and are tired of its flaws

I think I might pick it up for $20 since I never get 2k on release anyway because it's always on the Black Friday sale for half off or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #12
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Honestly, I'd advise any online player to stay away from this game. It is really bad. For 20 dollars I'd just stay with 16 instead, its MyPlayer mode is superior as well.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:04 AM   #13
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

If $20 is going to break you, then no

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #14
Banned

I'm a career player too and I'd advise against purchasing this game. The archetype system is way too limiting to really enjoy it. I've had fun at different times with a slasher career but not as much as in past years, although you could always create your own player, add him to a roster then player lock him in a myleague, but then again, just doing that on 15 or 16 would be better than on 17.

The grind in mycareer this year to upgrade your player is monotonous and severely lacking in anything resembling fun or entertainment. You spend more time looking at loading screens going to and from practices than you ever will playing the game.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #15
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Everybody who is telling you not to buy this game for $20 probably has hundreds of hours played.

Its absolutely worth $20, there literally isn't another basketball game worth playing out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #16
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Everybody who is telling you not to buy this game for $20 probably has hundreds of hours played.

Its absolutely worth $20, there literally isn't another basketball game worth playing out there
Which makes us more qualified than others to give out recommendations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »