Home

NBA 2k18 - MyPark Wishlist? I guess? Lol

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 - MyPark Wishlist? I guess? Lol within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k18 - MyPark Wishlist? I guess? Lol

This year (IMO) wasn't a fun year for park. In fact it's probably been the worst year. I wasn't that big of a fan of 2k16 MyPark, but I can tell you that it was a lot better than 2k17s. What do you yall hope gets changed for park 2k18?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA 2k18 - MyPark Wishlist? I guess? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveretteWarren
This year (IMO) wasn't a fun year for park. In fact it's probably been the worst year. I wasn't that big of a fan of 2k16 MyPark, but I can tell you that it was a lot better than 2k17s. What do you yall hope gets changed for park 2k18?
I would like to see Rival days mean something again.

in 15 IIRC you could "crash" any rivals park and get those games. I believe in 16 parks started rotating who got the rival day. This year I really had no incentive to take part.

The first problem I see is everyone is a Sunset Baller. Whenever I go to the Rival day I can never get a game because there are nothing but Ballers in the park.

I appreciated that they removed the boosts for joining a particular park because I always felt one park could get a better boost simply because of the nature of the game. In 2K15 the Flyers were the defacto go to park because of the dribble game and their playmaker boost. In 16 Rivet City's raw athleticism trumped everything else. I always felt Sunset's shooting boost was never really noticeable, but I do think it helped give people an incentive to join different parks.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #3
Pro

They absolutely need to go with more realistic courts. I think everyone is tired of the "slab of concrete, X amount of hoops, nothing around you" look.

Just make it look more realistic, NPCs walking around maybe even "Ooo"in at big plays, or clapping or whatever... more natural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #4
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

Make it FASTER, please. I'm not talking about the actual gameplay. Accessing MyPark, loading screens, running around the Park, waiting for a game,... when I open Rocket League, since the moment I open the game to the actual playing it takes only ONE minute.

I'd love to have that same online experience with MyPark.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

- Rival day was trash this year. We had to wait so long because it always seemed like the court I was on was full of just one "faction". Go back to just letting us travel to the other parks.

- Make a winning streak be worthwhile. You get so little VC and rep for winning a game, and it doesn't make a difference no matter how high the streak.

- Fix getting stuck in a court, having to exit the and come back in takes so long thanks to the ridiculous loading times.

- More clothing options, why are there no regular shorts, it's all team specific.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Honestly, MyPark as a whole, can go for all I care.

This series & community was much better before that mode was implemented.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

Just a simple qucik match system, with real parks or at least more realistic parks. The park can be fun with friends once you finally get loaded in and find a court available. I don't care at all for walking around and jumping on got next to wait 10 or 15 minutes just to play....or get on got next and just get stuck there forever. It's why we mostly play pro-am...but we don't always have a full 5 squad. Imagine a quick system like rocket league, that would be great.

Also clothes, the clothes are out dated and wonky. I'd like some short shorts please.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
- Rival day was trash this year. We had to wait so long because it always seemed like the court I was on was full of just one "faction". Go back to just letting us travel to the other parks.

- Make a winning streak be worthwhile. You get so little VC and rep for winning a game, and it doesn't make a difference no matter how high the streak.

- Fix getting stuck in a court, having to exit the and come back in takes so long thanks to the ridiculous loading times.

- More clothing options, why are there no regular shorts, it's all team specific.
At least they made it so that you can group up with people of different parks, that was a huge change.

I do think that they should change how winning streaks work. Not only should you get more VC (will stop people jumping off after winning, even if there is team discord ((dudes need to learn how to handle their problems))), but they should add in a reward for beating the team on the streak.

Even if they made it +20 for 2, +30 for 3, etc... it's not great, but getting 400 VC instead of 300 in decent streaks would really add up. When you play, y'know 1000 games or however many games people are playing. Then they could just as easily put a reward for beating them, maybe even higher than the streak reward, maybe like 15x instead of 10.

I also think they should give people a reward for just playing a team when it's streaking, because I think I played like... 300-400 games in 2k this year, and I sure spent a lot of time sitting on courts watching people walk by, if I ever got decent teammates.

Encourage people to play, reward winning... sounds good to me.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »