Home

Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It?

This is a discussion on Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #81
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Theres a Live forum, and many threads to proclaim how excited you are for Live....lets take and leave those comments there please.

On this topic though, there will definitely be an eye out for agenda posting this go around. Pre release time is always a little crazy, and theres nothing wrong that....whether your hyped, or not so much...but we will not allow the forum to reach the toxic level it did last year. The 'I'm not interested in 2k, but I will pop into every info release thread to bash the game' thing isnt going to fly this time....just a fair warning. Its not about being positive or negative...its about being constructive.
And what do ppl who are being constructive have alot of? Suggestions and opinions on how to make the game better. So you have to understand my surprise when I see a person come to a video game message board and get mad at people complaining.

That is exactly what a message board is used for. Why act brand new now? And the only reason he did it was to single out a certain category of poster and make them feel bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #82
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
I'm getting both games likely my only question is which one I play most the time

If you actually read my posts you'd see that I never just say "this sucks" and then don't expand on it.

So use that same tool you used to look at my posts to try and play me and actually read them. I put thought into every criticism I give as how to make it better

The forum has the tools bro don't use them how you want, use them to their fullest and never come for someone who ain't come for you first

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That's why I said on the low. You know what you're doing. 24 has already addressed it so I'm done. You can miss me with that tough guy internet talk, too.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #83
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Are We Hypocrites If We Aren't Buying 2K18 Then Eventually Buy It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
That's why I said on the low. You know what you're doing. 24 has already addressed it so I'm done. You can miss me with that tough guy internet talk, too.

I know what IM doing? Bro you came at me first. I talk to everyone with respect and you came at me sideways and now your mad that I gave you back what you already gave me?

Where do they do that at?

Is admitting you were messed up and disrespected a guy for no reason really that hard?

Just because you signed up in 2009 don't mean you got the right to just play people left and right when you feel like it.

If I show you respect do the same or don't cry when what you give comes right back at you. That's not Internet tough talk that's just a good way to live your life. Your the one who searched my posts and had something to say lol

Now your crying when I respond back in a defensive tone? Phew this new generation of kids are wild man they want their cake and wanna eat it too

With that in done too

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 07-20-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #84
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The biggest issue I have with 2K the last couple of years is how secretive they are with what they are actually looking to improve gameplay or feature wise in the lead up to launch.

As others have said, the "leave everything to the last minute" approach to information not only stalls things from a "hype" perspective, but also gives off the impression that they have no idea how much they will actually be able to fit into the release version of the game as their development cycle is so rushed.

They've become a very secretive company with a ton of restrictions on what their employees can and can't say, which to me just reeks of corporate over-influence since going public. And that feels a bit slimey and makes me not want to give them my money, but it's not exactly like EA is historically much better...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #85
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
The biggest issue I have with 2K the last couple of years is how secretive they are with what they are actually looking to improve gameplay or feature wise in the lead up to launch.

As others have said, the "leave everything to the last minute" approach to information not only stalls things from a "hype" perspective, but also gives off the impression that they have no idea how much they will actually be able to fit into the release version of the game as their development cycle is so rushed.

They've become a very secretive company with a ton of restrictions on what their employees can and can't say, which to me just reeks of corporate over-influence since going public. And that feels a bit slimey and makes me not want to give them my money, but it's not exactly like EA is historically much better...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
couldnt agree more sir. in terms of the slimey feeling. you hit the nail on the head for me. ive LOVED the 2k series but something just hasnt sat right with me over the past couple of years. corporate over influence has killed it for me. this is the 1st year EVER havent been excited for 2k. makes me kinda sad lol. but youre right EA hasnt been any better. but i love basketball and want to play a basketball game, so im stuck lol.

ALSO, Ive been lurking on OS for years as well. OS has always been the place you could have a mature disagreement with gamers and it not get personnal. that has changed a bit too. last year was CRAZY lol. i dont wanna bash 2k, its been my favorite yearly release for the past 10 years. but as stated above, something has changed for me. i would still like to bust it up with all you guys about the game though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #86
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Every company in the game industry is like this. I know it feels a bit shady for the consumer, but there are very good reasons for them to conduct business this way. Sorry I can't provide more details about that without violating my own NDA's.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »