Home

10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist

This is a discussion on 10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #17
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
But missing open shots happen... No player is 100% when open.
And it happens a lot. I still don't understand how ppl can want players to make every shot they take. Those are the opinions that I hope 2K are ignoring.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #18
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

QUOTE=ShowTyme15;2048901027]Saw they didn't fix the issue when in a timeout it's a generic coach talking to the players.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I find this explanation and justification (regarding the same fake coach popping up at every single time-out for every single team spewing the same exact generic lines) to be humorous and a matter of semantics. I think most of us can agree that a generic coach yelling generic lines didn't just glitch itself onto the game out of nowhere.

If I may speak for the original poster, I believe his point was that he found the addition of a fictional coach—again, the same guy for every team—who begins yapping at you during every time-out no matter what (being subjected to at least a part of his diatribe no matter how fast you button mash) was a poor developmental decision for reasons that have been covered at length throughout the year (among them: it's unrealistic, it's annoying, it's a time-waster, it breaks immersion, its helpfulness is greatly outweighed by its tedium, etc.) This poster, along with many others (myself included), thereby wishes for that portion of the game to be removed from future iterations.

If 2K panicked and made this generic coach decision at the last second as a means of tying up a loose end (i.e. maybe their programming dictated that something happen there and all they could muster was the random coach guy) then that's fine, we get it. But the feature itself is pretty wack, so I'm not sure people recommending its removal need to have their posts put through the ringer.
While I agree, the original poster made it seem like he was expecting 2K to somehow remedy the feature with a patch. That was obviously was not going to happen. Maybe they could have made some changes (new lines, more accurate lines, option to mute him, etc) but completely removing the generic coach or replacing him with real coaches never seemed like a realistic possibilty for 2k17.

Now if the feature is still in 2k18 I'll be disappointed. I hated time outs because of the assistant coach. I could not skip through fast enough. I would prefer to have the real head coach (whose model is already in the game) with no audio and a bullet list of pros and cons. It could be similar to what the NHL games show in-between periods.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
While I agree, the original poster made it seem like he was expecting 2K to somehow remedy the feature with a patch. That was obviously was not going to happen. Maybe they could have made some changes (new lines, more accurate lines, option to mute him, etc) but completely removing the generic coach or replacing him with real coaches never seemed like a realistic possibilty for 2k17.

Now if the feature is still in 2k18 I'll be disappointed. I hated time outs because of the assistant coach. I could not skip through fast enough. I would prefer to have the real head coach (whose model is already in the game) with no audio and a bullet list of pros and cons. It could be similar to what the NHL games show in-between periods.
Good call on both fronts.

I like your idea about the real coach with no audio. What I've discovered over the past few years—with MyPlayer and this assistant coach situation in particular—is that sometimes one's imagination is more powerful than haphazard execution. In this case, imagining what you think a real coach is saying may lead to a more realistic experience for a lot of people than actually hearing canned repetitive phrases from a fake coach.

Last edited by VDusen04; 07-24-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:21 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

I don't see a big deal with fake coach cause all I do is make my adjustments I
want to make and end timeout

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #21
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Missing open shots is considered a gameplay problem now lol?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Missing open shots is considered a gameplay problem now lol?

For me it is when it isn't consistent and the ratings don't seem to mean anything. In one of my LGs I miss pretty much any three with Dame not a green, but I know his release well as he my go to guy in every LG, anything inside the line is automatic pull ups off the dribble you name it but the second I go outside the line it's a brick no matter how open or well timed it is. I have the same problem with CJ who I can't hit a three with to save my life but inside the arc it's all money.

Yet in the exact same LG when my bench comes in I am shooting lights out with MCW and tony Allen both shooting upwards of 60% for me with MCW at 2 attempts per game and Allen at 3.5. The worse part is most of the Allen threes are usually purely timed due to me simply passing out to a open three not realizing who it is until I'm half way into the shot, yet he still is one of my most constant shooters behind crabbe and for some very very strange reason turner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #23
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

One problem I wish they would fix is the Offense's ability to get the ball back after a block or steal. I watched a ball clip out of my hand to back to the offense today .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #24
Pro

10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
One problem I wish they would fix is the Offense's ability to get the ball back after a block or steal. I watched a ball clip out of my hand to back to the offense today .

lol that's a whole thread by itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »