Home

they gonna fix the online lag in 2k18?

This is a discussion on they gonna fix the online lag in 2k18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #17
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: they gonna fix the online lag in 2k18?

A temporary solution would be to allow players to see each others connection quality. Being able to see this at the team select screen would be great. That way you could avoid games that lag. I don't know why it was removed but you were able to do this in the past when there were lobbies. I think rocket league has a great setup that would be perfect for proam see below.
Spoiler
Old 07-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #18
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1

We in NBA 2K18.. we been arguing for this for years. 2k support tells us it is because of our connections lol

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #19
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Pay attention to the speed at which you can move on defense online.

You'll notice that on regular PNO, you move so slow that your lateral quickness is so noticeably bad compared to the speed that the ball handler can move.

On MyTeam online, your lat quickness is more up to par and is acceptable.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #20
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Not as bad as it used to be IMO, but when combined with the input lag it's like playing games on a 2 second delay sometimes. I couldn't even play 2K16 anymore. 17 is far , far away from perfect but that delay on 16 and those fast forward 5 second lag moments in pro am was unbearable. I still play 2K games from way back too. I think 2K has made progress but still has a long way to go.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #21
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

It always feels like i'm trying to run through maple syrup whenever i play Pro Am. It feels so heavy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 03:53 AM   #22
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

Come on... your rival's connection quality? We're almost in the year 2018. If the other guy's connection is bad, HE should have the lag, not me. They need to improve the servers.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:37 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

I have a very very specific case that for 4 years i couldn't still figured it out and believe me i have tried anything and everything, bought the best gaming tv, got another isp in my home 2 different isp etc. etc. just for this yet again no solution and the very same symptoms keep happening.

I mostly play 12 min MyLeague Online games and everytime i get to the middle of 3rd quarter game starts to feel HEAVY, like players are 50000 pounds and you can't make them move. (This happening against all other users. So i have a pretty good control group.)

It was the same with 2k15,16,17 and 18. Since the PS4 era.

Any other here having the same experience that i have, the games are unplayable at those times yet i find it hard to believe how i still buy and try to play this game in these situations.. lol

Note: BTW this symptom could and more likely to be related to PS4 as well.. but i just want to know if any..

Last edited by ataman5; 12-05-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #24
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I have a very very specific case that for 4 years i couldn't still figured it out and believe me i have tried anything and everything, bought the best gaming tv, got another isp in my home 2 different isp etc. etc. just for this yet again no solution and the very same symptoms keep happening.

I mostly play 12 min MyLeague Online games and everytime i get to the middle of 3rd quarter game starts to feel HEAVY, like players are 50000 pounds and you can't make them move. (This happening against all other users. So i have a pretty good control group.)

It was the same with 2k15,16,17 and 18. Since the PS4 era.

Any other here having the same experience that i have, the games are unplayable at those times yet i find it hard to believe how i still buy and try to play this game in these situations.. lol

Note: BTW this symptom could and more likely to be related to PS4 as well.. but i just want to know if any..

I hope the DEVS are reading this and realize their servers need some rework because since all paid customer should be getting some money back for bad service. I posted a link that i started this year and Steve from OS who started this since 2K17.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...know-here.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »