Home

Pro-Am matchmaking idea

This is a discussion on Pro-Am matchmaking idea within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Pro-Am matchmaking idea

Ok, so we've all been there, 2:45 left in the first Quarter and 2 of your teammates have quit, and 3 on the other team have quit. Now, I'm making the assumption here that most people go to Pro-Am to 1. Play with friends 2. Play actual people.

The matchmaking system needs a complete overhaul.

1. We need to track your quit % and then put you in a tier of people to match against (walk on). This will promote people actually playing the entire game. If we broke it down like 75-100, 50-74, 25-49, and 0-24. Quitters then can play quitters, and people who finish the games can play each other as well.

2. There needs to be a true "Queue" system; where as a PF I could choose to Queue up for the 4 position, or with a friend maybe I pick the 5 position. Then when the team is assembled we generally speaking have a legit matchup. No more of the "one team with 3 centers, the other team has all PG" matchups that tend to happen.

3. Allow us to Queue for Pro-Am walking from wherever. This will decrease the wait time added with a position Queue. Also, since there will be more PGs/SFs than Cs created put a time limit on the Queue system. Let it fill up the PG/SG/SF positions rather quickly and let it ask a C if he wants to accept the role as a 4 via a notification; or it could ask a SF who is queued waiting, if he's willing to accept a role as a 4. The SF in this example could turn it down and remain in the queue or accept the position and start the game. This would at least look for people that actually play the 4/5 to fill the roles first. Same goes for the other positions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Re: Pro-Am matchmaking idea

Allow us to matchmake against other teams and this can be unranked to prevent ppl from boosting wins

Old 07-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
Banned

Housh123's Arena

But the ppl who quit early because they didn't match up with their friends because 2k's servers are trash shouldn't be punished.

Easy fix tho. Any quits within the first 2 mins of any game are unpunished.

After that you get punished
Old 07-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
But the ppl who quit early because they didn't match up with their friends because 2k's servers are trash shouldn't be punished.

Easy fix tho. Any quits within the first 2 mins of any game are unpunished.

After that you get punished

I don't agree with that at all; they just need to incorporate private servers to make it so that never happens.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Allow us to matchmake against other teams and this can be unranked to prevent ppl from boosting wins

I'd kill for unranked private matchmaking. I would assume that 2k leagues would pop up relatively quickly if that was the case.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
I'd kill for unranked private matchmaking. I would assume that 2k leagues would pop up relatively quickly if that was the case.

Yeah imagine all the 2k leagues with sites like daddyleague.

Must for 2k18 pro-am
Private matchmaking
Pro-am leagues

Old 07-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller

I think Kenny from Still Trill asked the 2k devs about this during RTTASG. He said 2K doesn't want to support the whole Private Matchmaking idea because it'll promote "gambling". It's unfortunate if they don't have it in 2k18...it'll make matchmaking that much easier if you want to consistently play/scrim against good competition.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Yeah imagine all the 2k leagues with sites like daddyleague.

Must for 2k18 pro-am
Private matchmaking
Pro-am leagues

NBA 2K Should Introduce Pro AM Leagues

Introducing Pro Am Leagues:

Imagine users being able to host their own Myleagues with Myplayers.

allow users to experience a full 30-team league like never before. Trades, Signings, Playoffs Races: One Champion.

AllStar Games with the best performing Myplayers at halfway through the season.

Allow teams to restart matches if all team members don't make it into the match/Someone from either team gets disconnected within the first 3 minutes of the 1st quarter.

Wager VC against opposing teams based on records. The higher the record, the more VC you can wager.

Teams will progress through different tiers in Pro-Am based off rank.

Your team gets rewarded more for beating a higher ranked team compared to a lower ranked team (beating a 10-2 team vs. beating a 5-6 team)

As your team ranks up in tiers, you unlock more stuff for your arena.

As your rank up, you will gain sponsorships for your team.

Full blown leaderboard, recording individual stats for each player on each team. Can "scout" other teams.

Teams can have a maximum 20-man roster.

Each Team Can have an Owner and the owner can assign Mods to add people to the crew or delete them from the team. Mods cannot delete the team or kick the Owner/Gm off the team.

Full in game color Commentary from Kevin Harlan and the crew.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »