Home

NBA 2K18 Shaq & Kobe a positive for classic teams?(No new info in here)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Shaq & Kobe a positive for classic teams?(No new info in here) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 AM   #9
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Shaq & Kobe a positive for classic teams?(No new info in here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Might not happen. But let's pray/hope 2k will add the photo image import feature from wwe 2k17 so we can create these legendary rosters ourselves.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app
Exactly!! I'm fine with no new team additions. Just give us that WWE2K CAP feature and era filters (also from WWE2K) and I'm gold.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #10
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Exactly!! I'm fine with no new team additions. Just give us that WWE2K CAP feature and era filters (also from WWE2K) and I'm gold.
B I N G O
Old 07-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #11
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
The very first question 2k asks before they decide to update a glitch or game mode is will this improve vc sales?

If the answer is no, it goes on the very bottom of the list with the other glitches and issues that never get patched and they remain in that pile forever to die. If the answer is yes or it will hurt VC sales then it gets patched within a few hours max.
In my opinion I think if they are looking for something to improve vc sales then they should give the people what they want by adding the face photo import feature. Especially since the legend edition cost 100 and the gold edition cost 150.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I bet Bet NO CHANGES were made to any classic teams...Look how terribe Shaq and kenny looks while the studio version looks good....they dont care
Old 07-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #13
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Quote:
In my opinion I think if they are looking for something to improve vc sales then they should give the people what they want by adding the face photo import feature. Especially since the legend edition cost 100 and the gold edition cost 150.
When you consider the fact that CAPs are the focal point of nearly all the main popular modes, then face photo implementation (along with new hairstyles, body types, & accessories) should be a huge priority.

It makes no sense how they sit up & market their game around something that is sooo poorly represented

Like, not only do they all created players tend to look the same.... it takes a ridiculously long time just to sculp out a human looking face! SMH

Most inconvenient, lackluster CAP system ever....Everyone would rather have WWE 2k's

EDIT: The face scan system sucks too...way too long/annoying of a process

Last edited by Harrypotheadd; 07-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #14
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrypotheadd
When you consider the fact that CAPs are the focal point of nearly all the main popular modes, then face photo implementation (along with new hairstyles, body types, & accessories) should be a huge priority.

It makes no sense how they sit up & market their game around something that is sooo poorly represented

Like, not only do they all created players tend to look the same.... it takes a ridiculously long time just to sculp out a human looking face! SMH

Most inconvient, lackluckster CAP system ever....Everyone would rather have WWE 2k's
Yep. And we are not the only ones that want the face photo import. The guy that creates all time teams Brian the mazique mentioned in one of his blog that he would like the face photo import to be added to NBA 2k as part of his wish list also. And he mentioned this earlier this year and I know the devs of 2k follow him on Twitter.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #15
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Quote:
Yep. And we are not the only ones that want the face photo import. The guy that creates all time teams Brian the mazique mentioned in one of his blog that he would like the face photo import to be added to NBA 2k as part of his wish list also. And he mentioned this earlier this year and I know the devs of 2k follow him on Twitter.

Yeah, Mazique has been asking for this since 2k15. He's actually the first person who introduced me to the feature lol. Hopefully 2k finally took note and granted that wish. I'm sure he's reached out to at least one of the Devs about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #16
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by World1
After seeing the 2k18 Shaq & Kobe Legends trailer 2k released + the Shaq and Kobe commercial I started wondering does that improve our chances with classic team additions as it relates to those two and the early 2000s Lakers teams?

Judging by the trailer we apparently still wont be getting Rasheed Wallace on the Blazers or Pistons. Both that Blazers and Pistons teams play a significant role in Shaq/Kobe lore.

Does this improve our chances of getting the C-Webb Kings team? With Shaq being on the legend cover and them focusing heavy on the Shaq/Kobe duo, with Webber doing commentary last year I think we have a real shot. The best shot at seeing the Webber kings we'll get.

Will we finally get some version of a Reggie Miller Pacers teams? Could we see a Jason Kidd Nets team? Considering they faced them in the finals. We already have the iverson 76ers they faced. Last year when Kobe was the legend cover athlete they didnt focus this much on the Shaq/Kobe lakers. Maybe we get the other two teams from the 3peat to go with Iversons 76ers. If you're gonna add Kidds Nets then you might as well go all the way and add the suns team that played them second round for the first ring. We already have Cliff Robinson(I think he's still in), Shawn Marion, Luc Longley, Penny Hardaway, Rodney Rodgers from that team just do the right thing and add JK & KJ

As far as the Lakers teams themselves. Do we get more complete versions of Lakers teams? Derek fisher? Glenn Rice? Etc....Yeah its not Hornets/Heat Glen Rice but every year my primary focus is Classic players and having a classic player myleague. His likeness in the game is enough for me. I can edit his stats and hopefully we can edit age this year.

And while we're at it. 2K stop playing and add that bucks team that played Iversons 76ers in the ECF the year they went to the finals. We already have Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Darvin Ham, Lindsey Hunter, Ervin Johnson, Jerome Kersey, Scott Williams -- thats 7 players already in the game. Michael Redd, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas Rafer Alson? We dont have to get all 4 but it cant be that hard to get a couple of them to sign off. I just want as many classic players as possible.

Do us a solid this year 2K
What trailer? This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhLoGWPBuMs

That looks well done but I believe it's fake and fan made. For one its not even on 2K's official youtube page...https://www.youtube.com/user/2KSports/videos

and the same producer already has a momentus trailer out....already? Nah son.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »