Home

NBA 2K18 Shaq & Kobe a positive for classic teams?(No new info in here)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Shaq & Kobe a positive for classic teams?(No new info in here) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 07:55 PM   #33
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Shaq & Kobe a positive for classic teams?(No new info in here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Dont start your own business ever. 2k has to pay their Employees, the NBA, retired players etc... you dont know their finical situation to pay every retired player who wants to demand a hell of a lot of money in order for their image to be in a video.
Always an apologist. I stand by what I said. As an old school fan I want to see more classic teams. 2K is the most successful franchise out there for basketball so don't give me that crap about their financial issues. If retired players were being paid well Barkley would be in the games.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

Tough thing as we move ahead, more recent teams will be considered classic. I'm strictly a 80's & 90's guy. I love teams later than that but when I play franchise, those are the teams I want. It's tough to please everyone without probably getting rid of some older teams. For me, I never use the 60's & 70's teams. Great players but I honestly haven't watched enough to know what offense they ran. I'd get rid of all of them except for maybe one Laker & One Celtic team. I say that but then I know there's someone out there saying "get rid of that old 80's Hawks team with that Wilkins guy. That was back in the Stone Age!"

The only teams I have a burning desire to see are Reggie Miller's Pacers & Barkley's Suns. Give me those & a pool of players like Xavier McDaniel so I can have different versions of teams already on the game and I'll be happy. More old school uniforms like the old Sonics jerseys would be nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #35
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I Cherish 2k12 with the dlc 02 Kings. One of the reasons I keep my old 2K games. I don't expect any more Shaq teams. They gave us nothing when Kobe was on the cover . Last few years have been so disappointing in 2ks effort giving us more legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 10:17 PM   #36
Rookie

I remember the awful create a team feature they had before lol I remember you could duplicate existing players and have them on your created teams.

Bring that back. A lot of teams can be made with the existing classic players in the game. With the new create features in the game now it would be an awesome feature to bring back.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:29 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I Cherish 2k12 with the dlc 02 Kings. One of the reasons I keep my old 2K games. I don't expect any more Shaq teams. They gave us nothing when Kobe was on the cover . Last few years have been so disappointing in 2ks effort giving us more legends.
I somehow managed to delete whatever file that Kings team was on in 2K12 (it was a pre-order bonus, I believe). Could never get them back.

Sad day.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:17 AM   #38
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
I'm not supporting the people involved in making the game, which is good enough for me. Also, I never said I disliked the game. What I don't like is how certain aspects of the game go unfixed forever while they focus only on anything that generates money, like GTAV with no expansion packs.
GTA5 was bad example. That game is still selling.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #39
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
GTA5 was bad example. That game is still selling.
So is 2K year after year. My point is that publishers follow where the money goes, not about the game's success sales wise.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
1. Get rid of one of the 70s Lakers teams. No need for '71 & '72.

2. Remove 2 of the Bulls teams, maybe '98 & '89. '98 because it's just an older '96 team & '89 because Pippen is average & Jordan is more unique on '86.

3. Remove the '91 Lakers. Just an older '87 squad with no Kareem.

So that's 4 teams removed. That makes room for the '02 Nets, '03 Spurs, '02 Kings, and '09 Lakers. All teams that have 0 reason for not having a classic team since you can get the majority of these guys in MyTeam anyway.

I'm curious about Barkley since he was in MyTeam, though only as an Olympic card. I guess some weird clause in his deal with 2k only permits him to be used for dream team purposes.
I don't think room on disc is an issue so I would not be a fan of removing most of those teams. Squads like the '89 Bulls and '91 Lakers exist to provide authentic matchups between certain clubs (originally as part of the Jordan Challenge).

As a Pistons fan, I'd hate to lose that '89 Pistons vs. '89 Bulls matchup. Pitting the '89 Pistons against, say, the '93 Bulls just wouldn't be the same. Same story for trying to substitute the '87 Lakers for a matchup with the '91 Bulls.

To come at it from another angle, I love 2K's inclusion of the 2004 Pistons. However, the effect of their inclusion is lost just a little bit by having no accurate-to-the-year rival to play against. The 2004 Timberwolves work in a pinch, but those two teams weren't really a part of each other's storyline that year. I've used the 2001 Lakers as a placeholder but again, a lot of the details are lost in that case. Having an '04 version of the Lakers, Pacers, or Nets would have taken that '04 Pistons team inclusion to the next level.

I don't think there's any need to trade out teams, especially when the likenesses being removed would still be present on other squads included (so it wouldn't effect 2K monetarily). I'd love more teams (2K's 2000's editions a few years ago were awesome), but I'd also love to see the already-present retro teams refined and perfected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »