Home

Has anybody else noticed how utterly broken CPU teammate slashing is?

This is a discussion on Has anybody else noticed how utterly broken CPU teammate slashing is? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anybody else noticed how utterly broken CPU teammate slashing is?

Example: Harden is a bonafide slasher irl, taking nearly a quarter of all of his shots from within 3 feet of the rim, yet in MyCareer a a PG on the Rockets, calling nothing but plays for him to be the primary creator in a PnR, he almost NEVER tries to get all the way to the rim, instead pulling some bull**** midrange shot (which he does 7% of the time in real life) or just passing out.

Same with LeBron as a teammate, probably THE BEST slasher of all time - he gets a step on a defender, and almost ALWAYS tries some stupid stepback fallaway from mid. The only way to get these guys rim runs is in transition or making them the roll man.

This goes for almost any stud slasher. Giannis is a joke, Kawhi, Durant, I just don't get it.

I know, CPU teammate AI has never been great in 2K, but I just can't wrap my head around the tendencies system - who tested this and decided that yes, Harden shooting 6-19 with 2 FT and one drive in the entire game on the regular as a teammate is completely fine? Who didn't it occur to to have the AI tendencies majorly encourage trying to get to all the way to the rim for players who have that ability?

CPU teammates have made strides - they can pass a bit better, they can recognize when they're open, and good big men are generally decent representations of themselves, but when will we finally have the ability to play off-ball in MyCareer with any realism, playing off of a Superstar creator who can handle the ball and actually drive to the rim by themselves? Why can't 2K nail down arguably the most important offensive element in modern basketball for CPU AI, the drive and kick? Pretty baffling.

For anyone that reads this, I also have to sneak in the idiotic rotations. Harden plays 29 mpg because no matter what in Career, the rotation HAS to go 11 ****ing guys deep. WHO designed this and why didn't it get complained about enough to patch out? The first career I made is essentially unplayable because a lineup of Livingston, Me, Mccaw, Zeller, and Koufos in 2020 gets significant minutes.

2K needs a team of people to spend a week nonstop playing career and ironing out these difficulties, because it absolutely tears enjoyment away from anyone concerned with wanting to play simulation basketball in a career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Re: Has anybody else noticed how utterly broken CPU teammate slashing is?

I hate how many dribble pull ups and step back shots players do
Old 07-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
Banned

The only time I've seen Lebron contact dunk on anyone, is in the intro.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
Just started!

It has always been this way bro. Always

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
Just started!

Those moments when the guy has an open shot no one around him, but he does a stepback jumper that gets him farther from the basket and off balance. ****s sake.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
Rookie

lol no kidding, that's another thing I didn't even mention, because it's so blatantly stupid. I would kill for them to iron out CPU AI over SO many other things they prioritize.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
Rookie

I hope they improve slashing/dribble-drive.

I think the CPU lateral quickness cheese needs to be removed. 2K17 had some of the cheesiest defense animations by the CPU.

Another thing is dribbling though. I think there needs to be some physics/momentum in dribbling. What I mean is bring back some of the herky-jerky of 2K16 dribbling where you it's harder to control, but it makes more sense realistically.

So basically, nerf lateral quickness, but also nerf dribbling. Buff explosiveness.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I think they just overcompensated for the complaints of previous years where there weren't enough midrange and pull-up jumpers. In the past, everyone would always drive to the rim or shoot a three.

I definitely agree, though, that the AI needs a major overhaul. Even simple things like calling an isolation doesn't get teammates to clear out properly, and when it does, it only lasts for a few seconds before they run back to the paint, bringing their own defender in to clog the lane.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »