Home

Upload full MyLeague rosters possibly coming in NBA2K18, download 30 rebrands at once

This is a discussion on Upload full MyLeague rosters possibly coming in NBA2K18, download 30 rebrands at once within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2017, 06:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Upload full MyLeague rosters possibly coming in NBA2K18, download 30 rebrands at once

This is no click bait, I truly believe this is coming. 2K can do this right now if they want.

(Leftos I pray you are reading this)

Guys I am from the PC community and I believe that in NBA 2K18 we may be able to fully export our entire MyLeague roster and even upload it to 2K Share. This will method will allow users to share full High School, College, and International rosters complete with logos, team names, shoes, jerseys, and courts all at once.

Also I am hoping that custom roster will be usable in MyCareer (great for retro or future MyCareers)

( My Twitter: @TGsoGood )

This would basicly be like sharing Player DNA but on steriods

2K already has the infrastructure in place to allow this because the custom rebrands are stored on 2K servers.

This will be great for uploading your roster to 2K share so other can download a roster complete with all art.

I know it is possible for all consoles if 2K just allows you to save your MyLeague as a roster. User ksmiz and I discovered that we can already do this on PC right now in NBA2K17!!! I figured out that you don't even need modding tools to do it.

Imagine all the possibities :
-Take your MyLeague into MyGM (or vice versa)
-Full College / International rosters with no additional downloads
-extend your myleague to an infinite number of years by exporting roster and starting new myleague with the old roster.

...Is this what's next for NBA 2K?

Check out the proof that this is possible below in my video ( watch to 1:30 thu 8:00)

(Again Leftos if you are seeing this, this is already possible because the game can read the MyLeague file as a roster and the custom art files are already on 2K servers.)

https://youtu.be/nvxAy1sWt_8

Leftos, I'm fully addressing you now...
I don't expect a reply. You may remember me from NLSC. I see people make wishlist and suggestions all the time but have no idea how to put their ideas in to the game.

I have outlined why I think this is already possible. This is not just another PC mod. This could be available to all console users right now. On 2K share there are 1000s of duplicate rebrand packages, this would help reduce that freeing up server space. You guys have the infrastructure already.

I hope this is already in the works, but if it is not, please add a "Save as Roster" or "Export Roster" option in MyLeague. I don't even play on console. But after discovering that this is already possible on PC without any external tools, I know this is what could be the next big thing.

-- Readers Please note
*Towards the latter part of the video I say "This is garbage" , I am referring to the fact that starting MyCareer over means getting stuck in some movie and cutscense sequences. I am not referring to NBA 2K17 itself. I mean no disrespect to the devs at 2K, I just got frustrated with sitting through the Midnight Madness Scene.
This is the only video game I currently play and I enjoy the game. I do not want anyone watching the full video to get the wrong idea about my statement*

Last edited by TGsoGood; 07-24-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2017, 07:25 AM   #2
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Re: Upload full MyLeague rosters possibly coming in NBA2K18, download 30 rebrands at

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
This is no click bait, I truly believe this is coming. 2K can do this right now if they want.

Guys I am from the PC community and I believe that in NBA 2K18 we may be able to fully export our entire MyLeague roster and even upload it to 2K Share. This will method will allow users to share full High School, College, and International rosters complete with logos, team names, shoes, jerseys, and courts all at once.

Also I am hoping that custom roster will be usable in MyCareer (great for retro or future MyCareers)

2K already has the infrastructure in place to allow this because the custom rebrands are stored on 2K servers.

This will be great for uploading your roster to 2K share so other can download a roster complete with all art.

I know it is possible for all consoles if 2K just allows you to save your MyLeague as a roster. User ksmiz and I discovered that we can already do this on PC right now in NBA2K17!!! I figured out that you don't even need modding tools to do it.

-extend your myleague to an infinite number of years by exporting roster and starting new myleague with the old roster.

Check out the proof that this is possible below in my video ( watch to 1:30 thu 8:00)

(Again Leftos if you are seeing this, this is already possible because the game can read the MyLeague file as a roster and the custom art files are already on 2K servers.)

I don't expect a reply. You may remember me from NLSC. I see people make wishlist and suggestions all the time but have no idea how to put their ideas in to the game.

I have outlined why I think this is already possible. This is not just another PC mod. This could be available to all console users right now. On 2K share there are 1000s of duplicate rebrand packages, this would help reduce that freeing up server space. You guys have the infrastructure already.

I hope this is already in the works, but if it is not, please add a "Save as Roster" or "Export Roster" option in MyLeague. I don't even play on console. But after discovering that this is already possible on PC without any external tools, I know this is what could be the next big thing.

-- Readers Please note
*Towards the latter part of the video I say "This is garbage" , I am referring to the fact that starting MyCareer over means getting stuck in some movie and cutscense sequences. I am not referring to NBA 2K17 itself. I mean no disrespect to the devs at 2K, I just got frustrated with sitting through the Midnight Madness Scene.
This is the only video game I currently play and I enjoy the game. I do not want anyone watching the full video to get the wrong idea about my statement*
This would be a complete game changer
Old 07-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Re: Upload full MyLeague rosters possibly coming in NBA2K18, download 30 rebrands at

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood

-- Readers Please note
Haven't had the time to watch the video (at work) but saw this thread when I got up this morning and immediately was happier. Following the thread, hopefully we get a response of some sort.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

After a season in a My League Online you can save the roster from the My League. So that means this is 110% possible and I believe it should be implemented in 2K's next iteration! If something like this is not in 2K18 I honestly feel that it would be a letdown.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

I wonder if the renaming would work on PS4 or Xbox One, but i agree this should be included on 2K18
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberOps
I wonder if the renaming would work on PS4 or Xbox One, but i agree this should be included on 2K18
That would not work. The in game file names are different from name of the actual files the game calls

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
Rookie

I noticed on your save and share you can save up too 100 files is that only for PC? I can only save up to 10 rosters on ps4!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »