Home

2k18 and the problems with the current simulation system

This is a discussion on 2k18 and the problems with the current simulation system within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #49
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k18 and the problems with the current simulation system

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalblc
If the free throw thing isn't right in 2k18 I'm skipping. Its been going on for a couple years now its ridiculus
I feel your pain. Same with turnovers and points in the paint but free throws is the biggest problem
Old 07-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #50
Pro

Couldn't 2k just tune the sim stats at any point? Like realistically couldn't the company do some research (test many years) and tune the way the stats are generated without some huge new feature? Couldn't this happen at a point even after the game is released?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #51
Rookie

daweism's Arena

Field goal % are ridiculously off, like 5% to 10% too high for most players.

Free throws attempted are way too low, around 4 to 5 attempts per game low for the top foul drawers.

Any fix to this? Any word if 2K plans on making a quick fix? This couldn't be that difficult of a fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #52
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweism
Field goal % are ridiculously off, like 5% to 10% too high for most players.

Free throws attempted are way too low, around 4 to 5 attempts per game low for the top foul drawers.

Any fix to this? Any word if 2K plans on making a quick fix? This couldn't be that difficult of a fix.
Yeah i was also hoping this would finally be fixed.

Sigh. Maybe next year
Old 12-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #53
Rookie

daweism's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65

Sigh. Maybe next year
I need to stop buying the game being doing simulated stats research. I am let down year after year. Even Madden is bad this year with the scores being WAY too high.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #54
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65

Sigh. Maybe next year

So did I, Ive got to quit buying this game day 1, but like most people, I buy into the hype, and ever yr Im let down. Every yr, they seemingly say, we worked on tweaking the sim engine, yet every yr, its a fail. Sure some things have improved, but its still not even close to being good.

I do kind of think, with some heavy editing of tendencies and some with ratings, some of it could be fixed. But the time it would take, Im not sure anyone really wants to go that deep into it, when you know your probably not going to fix it, just improve it.
Thats been my thinking, I really thought about digging deep and overhauling the ratings to a degree, and a major overhaul to tendencies, but the problem is, then you have got to edit every incoming Draft class each season in ML, and thats a lot of time and work.
Plus we shouldnt have to fix the game each yr by editing players to attmept to get realistic simulated stats. Thats those who get paid to work on NBA2k's job, not ours.
Really hoped when they hired some of the guys from here to work on game, and to work on roster ratings and tendencies, that we would see a major improvement in sim stats. Thats not happened, for whatever reason. Ratings wise, I can handle, as lets be honest, for the most part overall rating is just a opinion and not factual, so if I dont fully agree with them, Im fine with that, even though I feel they inlfate all players overall to a certain degree, some ways more than others.
But when it comes to tendencies, thats not a opinion, thats factual based, with all the analytic stats we have, with where guys like to shoot, and how often they post up, and such. So there is no reason why tendencies are so poorly done for players. Nor does it make sense why they spend all kind of time adjusting ratings a pt her and a pt there, yet they hardly ever spend time on tendencies.
While I do enjoy the gameplay for the most part with the right slider adjustments, the 1 main reason I play any sports game is for the Franchise/MyLeague mode. If all I cared about was playing quick games, then Id be pretty happy, but thats not why I buy this game or any other sports game, so if the franchise mode stats are not close to being realistic, the game is pretty much useless to me.
I blame myself more than the devs, because I dont have to buy the darn game each yr, what I need to do is stay clear away from reading about improvements before the game comes out, and wait a little while each yr, to see how stats and ML is, then make a decision to buy the game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 2

For free throw shooting, if you do a global edit of 'draw foul', and up it. Would that help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

I found a fix for FG%.. you take the entire league & edit their Close, Medium & 3 Point shooting and lower them by 7. That includes open, moving, contested.. It helps a great deal.. I wish the free throws & 3 point things were easier fixes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »