Home

NBA 2K18 Screenshot - Lonzo Ball (Overall 80)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Screenshot - Lonzo Ball (Overall 80) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #65
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Looks good but something about the eyes that I don't like. Seems off and not human like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #66
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Screenshot - Lonzo Ball (Overall 80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Looks good but something about the eyes that I don't like. Seems off and not human like.
Really? I think the eyes are the greatest part of the player models

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 08-02-2017, 11:14 AM   #67
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

People are complaining to be complaining. These are great pics so far

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:15 AM   #68
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
They look amazing tbh and I have no clue why you guys are complaining about ratings.

1. 2K always makes the top rookies around a 78-79. One more attribute ain't gonna kill us. Especially since they're dynamic and will eventually even out to realistic numbers.

2. We don't know how attributes work positionally so comparing them to Nick Young & Dwight Howard makes no sense. I believe Nick Young is a 74 in 2k17 right now, and he's still dangerous in the right person's hands.

3. It's marketing. People want to use the two most hyped rookies in recent history and it makes sense due to the rivalry that they be similarly rated.

But back to the picture. This is crazy but it's a double edged sword. The MyLeague news and these screenshots made me preorder this game, but honestly if they don't upgrade the CAPs, I'm gonna cancel it and wait for a sale. Our CAPs already look bad next too the garbage models in 2K17, we'll stand out like Roger Rabbit cartoons next to this level of realism in 2K18. I have high hopes for this game, man. They better not let me down.
Actually they were consistently in the 74-76 range, Ben Simmons was the first 79. We have to be careful NOT to be prisoners of the moment. IMO its more about consistency.

I've got a problem with Fultz' 80 so I definitely have an issue with Ball's 80. There are serious doubts to his game translating and he was NEVER in the conversation for the #1 pick...especially after workouts--many people think he drops to SAC if the Lakers didn't pick him at #2.

I get the hype but ratings are supposed to be based in truth/facts/metrics. I just can't envision any scenario where you look at the production of Fultz and Ball and decide those two players are equivalent.

But sure, I agree the visuals are outstanding.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #69
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Man how did some of you guys survive during the PS1 era? Complaining about necks, eyes, and shots not being completely perfect lol.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #70
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Man how did some of you guys survive during the PS1 era? Complaining about necks, eyes, and shots not being completely perfect lol.
It's funny because I'm from the Original Nintendo era but yet I still find myself nitpicking over the smallest details but as an adult details and realism matters more to me but as a kid I was just happy to be playing this thing called video games.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 AM   #71
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

At the beginning of the 2k17 cycle Simmons was rated a 79 & Ingram was a 78. Even Dunn was a 77. Both Ingram & Dunn's ratings dropped as the season progressed because they didn't play very well so Ball & Fultz will have to show they deserve to be rated 80 or they'll drop as well. I have no problem with these ratings.

Ball looks spot on!! I really like what 2k is doing with the eyes of these players this go around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #72
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
At the beginning of the 2k17 cycle Simmons was rated a 79 & Ingram was a 78. Even Dunn was a 77. Both Ingram & Dunn's ratings dropped as the season progressed because they didn't play very well so Ball & Fultz will have to show they deserve to be rated 80 or they'll drop as well. I have no problem with these ratings.

Ball looks spot on!! I really like what 2k is doing with the eyes of these players this go around.
Look at ratings from 2K12-2K16...you wont see rookies rated 78-79 as any kind of norm. I agree that Stauff fixes ratings when guys don't perform. My issue is Fultz and Ball being equal (and too high IMO) and keep in mind the first roster updates won't be available for awhile...those initial ratings are static for a bit.

I agree the rookies look amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »