Home

[GIF]CPU forces a clutch animation shot to win the game at .02 seconds.

This is a discussion on [GIF]CPU forces a clutch animation shot to win the game at .02 seconds. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 01:23 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: [GIF]CPU forces a clutch animation shot to win the game at .02 seconds.

"Comeback code doesn't exist"

If the CPU can score at will by forcing animations like this then whether it was meant or not there is some sort of a comeback code.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #18
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
This consistently annoys me and it's not just CPU. Some humans play what I call "Irresponsible a** basketball". Not plays called, no working for a decent look. Dribble moves and off balanced shots. It usually gets me out to a huge lead (sometimes I'm losing to a guy who is literally only taking head-scratching shots) but then they randomly make one, and I'm just pissed because, for one, I work for all my shots. I call for picks, run sets, I'm an excellent dribbler, and it's just infuriating to watch someone get what you worked so hard for. My friends or MT opponents, routinely drain shots that I wouldn't even attempt and I get hot like "How is 2K rewarding this garbage"? I get that there are "How did he do that" moments IRL, but 2K goes overboard sometimes.

Majority of my friends play that way. As long as the game feels its time for you to stop making shots & for the other team to start making them, pretty much any shot can be thrown up regardless of if its a high percentage shot or not. & if they do happen to just take a flat out awful shot that the game can't reward you'll see a put back dunk or an offense rebound that positions the player for a easy bucket.

As far as the CPU I would think that whether or not you have ACE turned on for yourself that the CPU could just start running a variety of different plays & play smart/focused basketball when your doing the same.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #19
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Thompson should have lost the ball on his second dribble. They need to get back to the live ball feature they had in 2K12.
Sounds good on paper.

On paper.

In practice, it resulted in the ball bouncing off players' feet, knees, thighs, what-have-you, at least twenty times a game, like you were watching an elementary-school game, not the highest level of basketball on the planet.

No excuse for the sudden momentum change in Klay's body there, though.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 3

This is why I quit playing 2k17: there is no balance between CPU and player.
The CPU defense is very good, but player's suck from beginning to end.
The CPU can score when he wants, while user cannot, sometimes even when he makes everything right.
The default sliders (pro, all-star, superstar, etc) prove it right away: difficulty is not based on artificial inteligence but on advantages based on slider tuning to make attribute boosts.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:02 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

The biggest problem in the OP for me is the method that the CPU uses to get by a player, and I've noticed it all year in mycareer; they run into you to the extent it pushes you out of the way, and then they get the space to use the lane they want to. Saw an LD2k tweet yesterday that defence has been a focus this year, so confident this type of thing should be cleaned up in 18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #22
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Tbh I don't think the fact that it's the possession for the win is relevant. That type of stuff happens at any point in the game. When your defender slided off slightly to the left the game considered the offensive player had an open lane. It's a problem with the game and how animations work.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #23
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't know if it's comback code or shot clock dairy products or whatever, but I do know I see this sort of stuff most often if I turned the ball over and it's in transition. I can be in great position and it feels like the defender is just slid aside.

I get that the game needs to punish me for whatever, but I wish it didn't always feel so cheap. I remember once the computer was driving on me, but I was in front the whole way. But it felt like they were just pushing up against me like a moving brick wall. I made ONE slight slip and he went right by for a lay up. At some point I was like "there has to be a contact animation or something." He was dribbling right into me and would just stop. And I'm so conditioned to not try to steal cuz that triggers an animation there he immediately blows by me.

If you ever see the computer standing still with the ball, doing nothing on the perimeter. It's baiting you into making a swipe at the ball. cuz while you're locked in that animation for a few frames, they'll immediately blow by you.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
They do that then twitter kids will blow up then the game will be back to the way it was. There should be an option for live ball physics. I would opt to play live ball online....maybe a super sim option? Live ball would be kinda like hardcore mode for first person shooter games. You need to move around the court really carefully and not expose the ball or it will get stolen.
Live ball and manual passing, that's sim missed passes wrongly directed and boom out of bounds... Real turnovers and a lot more aspect to be opened up as a natural basketball game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »