Home

Real vs Balance?

This is a discussion on Real vs Balance? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #25
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Real vs Balance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Love does it all the time lol. And Wade did it quite a few times when Lebron was on the Heat.

My issue is that the ability should not be limited to one player. I've posted this before (usually when talking about commentary and crowd awareness/reactions), but Lebron, for one, is very capable of rattling off consecutive deep threes.

Obviously there needs to be a balance, but we shouldn't act like only one player is capable of making long shots/passes. Even Curry doesn't take those shots often when he's not in a rhythm.
I get what you're saying. But other players would be able to make long shots/passes. As they do in real life. Just not at the same clip as Steph or Lonzo if he keeps it up. There lies the problem with online and balancing a game. On one hand you want balance; on the other, we should be free to be Steph or KD if we like. None of us dream of being Courtney Lee.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm sorry i haven't gone thru the last 2 pages other than the 1st page,

2K doesn't have to discover America yet again, all they need is to check how FIFA and PES does with their manual passing and implement the logic behind for a better free flowing game. Passes in 2k have always been magnetic never ever have been close to real at not one bit one of the WEAKEST areas of the game.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #27
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I get what you're saying. But other players would be able to make long shots/passes. As they do in real life. Just not at the same clip as Steph or Lonzo if he keeps it up. There lies the problem with online and balancing a game. On one hand you want balance; on the other, we should be free to be Steph or KD if we like. None of us dream of being Courtney Lee.
I guess my real issue was LD2k saying that Lonzo was the exception, like no other players have been making those passes consistently.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #28
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
I guess my real issue was LD2k saying that Lonzo was the exception, like no other players have been making those passes consistently.

Exactly! Everybody makes them. The thing is, defense in real life is good enough to pose a threat to long passes. Most of the time the defense is back in time to deny such a risky pass. Throwing them to LeBron isn't much of a risk considering he's a 6'8" All State WR, but in general the defense can prevent them. In 2K your defense moonwalks in slow motion back on D and you're luck if your center even makes it back inside the 3 point line before the opponent scores. They need to fix defense not limit offense!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #29
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think that could be achieved through the badge tier system. Obviously, Curry would have the gold, as he does it consistently. Players like Lebron and JR Smith would be silver, as they don't take the shots as often, but are fairly accurate when they do. Guys who can only make them when they're hot would get the silver.

In most cases, you don't see those types of shots in normal gameplay; they come when the team makes a few shots in a row and has a lot of momentum and they want a heat check or when the shot clock is winding down.
lol...youre looking at gameplay through the lens of a fan. there's literally no situation where lebron james (best player in the NBA--but about league average for a 3pt shooter) or JR (a lil higher) would have silver badges in shooting. thats hilarious. JR is probably a microwave badge but isn't anywhere near curry's class as a shooter.

But yes, Love is one of the league's best at the long outlet pass....and was doing them long before Lonzo Ball was even a thing....AGREED.

Last edited by Kushmir; 08-02-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #30
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
lol...youre looking at gameplay through the lens of a fan. there's literally no situation where lebron james (best player in the NBA--but about league average for a 3pt shooter) or JR (a lil higher) would have silver badges in shooting. thats hilarious. JR is probably a microwave badge but isn't anywhere near curry's class as a shooter.

But yes, Love is one of the league's best at the long outlet pass. AGREED.
Not at all. I am looking at badges as being completely separated from ratings. Lebron may only have a 70 3pt rating, for example, but that doesn't mean he should be limited to only making shots just outside the arc.

Badges should be working alongside the ratings, not overriding them. I look at the limitless range badge as saying that his shot rating is not affected as much by the distance, not that his rating is inflated.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #31
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Not at all. I am looking at badges as being completely separated from ratings. Lebron may only have a 70 3pt rating, for example, but that doesn't mean he should be limited to only making shots just outside the arc.

Badges should be working alongside the ratings, not overriding them. I look at the limitless range badge as saying that his shot rating is not affected as much by the distance, not that his rating is inflated.
That just seems like giving badges out to everyone. Badges are for Elite skills...which Lebron has plenty of--but perimeter shooting (while not a weakness) is simply not among those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #32
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
That just seems like giving badges out to everyone. Badges are for Elite skills...which Lebron has plenty of--but perimeter shooting (while not a weakness) is simply not among those.
It's not though because most guys don't have any version of the badge. Limitless range keeps your rating the same but keeps your shot meter at full size further out. The only two guys with the HOF version on the default roster are Curry & Bird and you can see that their meter is at it's widest just a few steps inside of half court.

JR Smith has a silver version of the badge and he can keep his meter at full size about 2 steps outside the 3 point line. I believe KD has a gold version and he can shoot from about 4 steps behind the line. They all shoot at their normal rates, the badge just dictates how far away from the hoop they can get before distance starts to really affect the shot.

Same thing with break starter. It just determines, by level, how far you can be away from the target, before your accuracy suffers from distance regardless of rating. Instead of giving Kevin Love a super high pass rating and turning him into Magic Johnson, he has gold BS which allows him to throw those passes accurately. I think Lonzo should have it too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »