Home

New camera improvements in 2k18?

This is a discussion on New camera improvements in 2k18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New camera improvements in 2k18?

I play on broadcast (for life!) but hate that I can lose track of my guy when I run off-screen, such as when I have to sprint my center back to stop a turbo cheeser.

I assume 2k18 will still have turbo cheesers. Did they add any new cameras or features to help keep the player I'm controlling on-screen all the time?

A simple auto-zoom out when my guys runs to the edge of the screen is all it would take. Help me obi-wan beluba...you are my only hope.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New camera improvements in 2k18?

The 2K cam has been needing a fix for a while too. When you're on one wing the camera moves to the side too much.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba2kpdx
I play on broadcast (for life!) but hate that I can lose track of my guy when I run off-screen, such as when I have to sprint my center back to stop a turbo cheeser.

I assume 2k18 will still have turbo cheesers. Did they add any new cameras or features to help keep the player I'm controlling on-screen all the time?

A simple auto-zoom out when my guys runs to the edge of the screen is all it would take. Help me obi-wan beluba...you are my only hope.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Try Broadcast Zoom and post your thoughts when you get the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #4
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
The 2K cam has been needing a fix for a while too. When you're on one wing the camera moves to the side too much.

I fixed this as well.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
Rookie

DellyTrey23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I fixed this as well.

Any news on a VR mode where when we spectate games we can use a 360 degree perspective?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

I just wish they'd make all camera angles available in all modes. Drive camera is my favorite but you were unable to select it in online play for some reason so it always defaulted me to broadcast in MyTeam Online games or Blacktop which almost always led to an easy bucket for my opponent to start off.

It makes no sense why I can't have full control over my camera angle against a guy who isn't even looking at the same TV as me. It was one of the more frustrating "nag" issues for me last year.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I fixed this as well.

Appreciate the feedback as always Mike! Are we ever going to get an auto flip option for the Parametric cam? I love how close it brings you to the action when facing the basket, but I don't like how you don't have an option to always face the basket. This is much needed for all camera options.

Also, I like using the 2K Wire cam but I find that the shot clock on top of the basket blocks your view too much when inbounding the ball or after a change of possession. My suggestion would be to make the basket fade out/disappear a little more so the the basket & backboard are barely visible when inbounding or after a change of of possession. Any thoughts?
Old 08-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #8
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Appreciate the feedback as always Mike! Are we ever going to get an auto flip option for the Parametric cam? I love how close it brings you to the action when facing the basket, but I don't like how you don't have an option to always face the basket. This is much needed for all camera options.

Also, I like using the 2K Wire cam but I find that the shot clock on top of the basket blocks your view too much when inbounding the ball or after a change of possession. My suggestion would be to make the basket fade out/disappear a little more so the the basket & backboard are barely visible when inbounding or after a change of of possession. Any thoughts?
The camera type that parametric uses doesn't support flipping. But I created a new camera called 2K Low that you should check out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »