Home

NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Gameplay, Graphics & Animation (Forbes)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Gameplay, Graphics & Animation (Forbes) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #9
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Great Article on Brian Mazique Experience on 2k18

"For example, the Portland Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard is using a pick set by Ed Davis, but Al-Farooq Aminu flashes in the lane from the wing and Dame tried to whip a pass to him through an open window.

I tapped the button to pass it to him while he was open, but Lillard doesn't deliver the ball when I wanted him to, so now Aminu's momentum carries him away from the open area, or the pass doesn't get through because it's deflected by a defender who recognizes an opponent is free in the lane."

Didn't like reading this. It's becoming a legacy issue with this generation. Slow and predictable animations are part of the problem with 2K right now in my opinion. Teams recover from double teams and back door cuts etc far too easily because of this delay. Unfortunately this might be 2K17.5 when it comes to gameplay mechanics, or maybe I'm speaking prematurely. Hopefully the latter.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #10
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
"For example, the Portland Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard is using a pick set by Ed Davis, but Al-Farooq Aminu flashes in the lane from the wing and Dame tried to whip a pass to him through an open window.

I tapped the button to pass it to him while he was open, but Lillard doesn't deliver the ball when I wanted him to, so now Aminu's momentum carries him away from the open area, or the pass doesn't get through because it's deflected by a defender who recognizes an opponent is free in the lane."

Didn't like reading this. It's becoming a legacy issue with this generation. Slow and predictable animations are part of the problem with 2K right now in my opinion. Teams recover from double teams and back door cuts etc far too easily because of this delay. Unfortunately this might be 2K17.5 when it comes to gameplay mechanics, or maybe I'm speaking prematurely. Hopefully the latter.
We know what the issue is that Brian's describing with the pass delay. We fixed it today.

Same with the missed layups. That was actually fixed before the dev session but didn't make it into their build in time.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #11
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
We know what the issue is that Brian's describing with the pass delay. We fixed it today.

Same with the missed layups. That was actually fixed before the dev session but didn't make it into their build in time.
Please just give us a hint of gameplay

PSN: TreJay2000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #12
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
Please just give us a hint of gameplay
A small trailer would be so lovely
Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #13
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

My issue with gameplay always comes down to how it is 2-3 months after release... I'll admit, 2k16 & 2k17 were freaking amazing at launch...but all it took was a couple of patches to completely derail the game & take the "control" away from the user.

My fear is that the same thing will eventually happen this year
Old 08-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #14
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

I miss the days when the game that we purchased at launch, was the same game that we played throughout the entire year
Old 08-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #15
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
That Mazique has some pull!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 08:09 PM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Im dead keen to hear more about this system where you have to put your players in the appropriate sets otherwise they'll have ratings drops.

When combined with what Mike Lowe said about bad defenders reacting poorly on defense, and this, it seems 2K is trying to differentiate good and bad BBIQ players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »