Home

NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Revamped Player Motion, Ball Physics & MyDynasty?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Revamped Player Motion, Ball Physics & MyDynasty? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New Game Informer article about gameplay (Hint of a new mode?)

Maybe I'm becoming jaded, but a lot of the stated improvements sound very broad and familiar.

I understand we're early in the news cycle so we're not quite at the nitty gritty quite yet. But it seems like very similar lines are peddled every year. "Control is so much improved." "It's a real battle in the paint now." "Defense is better because we talked to some people." "Now you can do Hakeem's up-and-under."

That said, the MyLeague info was top notch and delightful, so maybe I'm not completely jaded quite yet.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel like we hear about some of these "improvements" every year
Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #11
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Great read - nice work Smirkin Dirk.

I think the key points have already been mentioned by a few of you.

I really enjoyed the part at the end about the coaches/system proficiency. We heard about this from the event, but nice to read a bit more. Loving the dynamic that will add.

I play MyLeague (offline) and start getting into making trades etc. Be nice to have to line up my coach, system etc. with the players I look to bring in. Very cool.

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 08-06-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Great article.

I like the it was be more physics based and not stuck on animations. Coaching dynamics sound good, wonder if it affects My Career as well. Hopefully ratings matter like they are stating. Stick skills shouldn't be king.

With everything, we need to see it to believe it. But it seems like 2k18 Will be alot better than 2k17. I'm still going to try to hold off buying 2k18 until Black Friday.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 33

Some of the things are brought back features from old titles, hopefully we get to read the differences from then to now. I would also love to read the specifics in comparing the motion system, paint collisions/contact, rebounding and scrambling systems of 2K17 and prior to the new 2K18 ... like previously you weren't able to do/see this, now you can, etc.

There is plenty to like from this article, but somehow, I just need even more info, however the few that we have been provided, looks promising at worst and more than great at best.

Eitherway would love Mike Wang to be very specific and detailed with his gameplay blog (he usually is, but maybe even more ?). Would also love that if there aren't a D'Czar and a O'Gallaguer blogs, that he disserts on offense and defense actions and counters that 2K18 brings this year that weren't before and what has been done in those areas that should be noticeable improvements and that should be a result of them addressing our most proclaimed issues.

Also, I hope all of these new integrated features are editable, we need to have a say on coaches efficiency grades, assign what systems they like to run, ball tangivity, the level of players artificial ''distraction/focus'' (don't like the stupidity nickname or reference, nor do I think the players or NBA will) ... their integration is welcomed only if we are allowed/granted to have a say on it (at least for all offline modes and online myleague). There is never too much control, customization and editability.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:05 PM   #14
Banned

NewBreed1's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't wait to see this.

Quote:
"When the ball does pop free, there's all this cool stuff that can play out. Guys can get shoved while they are chasing the ball down for a loose ball foul. You'll see guys tripping over each other and multiple chaining of guys diving for the ball and it's still popping free. That scramble is what makes the game feel like there's a lot of hustle in 2K18."
Old 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #15
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

As a MyLeauge only player, the new coaching system sounds BRILLIANT to me. You finally have to build your team based on your system, or pick your coach based on the players you have. Man, this has the potential to be a game changer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #16
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
When the ball does pop free, there's all this cool stuff that can play out. Guys can get shoved while they are chasing the ball down for a loose ball foul. You'll see guys tripping over each other and multiple chaining of guys diving for the ball and it's still popping free.
This sounds great, But i can already see it resulting in countless canned and unnecessarily forced animations

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »