Home

NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Revamped Player Motion, Ball Physics & MyDynasty?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Revamped Player Motion, Ball Physics & MyDynasty? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Game Informer article about gameplay (Hint of a new mode?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Your talking to the choir. I still do as much as I can on my channel but most of my free time is spent working on the game.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Keep fighting that good fight for us.

I got into this game @2K15 because I love competing with my friends in the park and Pro-Am. Your product here is so rewarding in this regard that even though I am a Football fanatic, NBA 2K has pulled my attention away from that game (football) in ways I never though possible. I have not bought Madden in years but 2K is pre-ordered, every year.

Sometimes I don't understand the mechanics and every year, towards the end of the cycle, I get kind of depressed that I will still be learning how these work. I found your channel too late in the year, but I picked up such great information that really helped my game, and that allowed me to be a better teammate. I think we all want more of that, and I'm happy that you acknowledge that and are accountable for it as well.

You guys are the best. Keep growing, and help us understand how to really work this machine and get the most out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #42
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Keep fighting that good fight for us.

I got into this game @2K15 because I love competing with my friends in the park and Pro-Am. Your product here is so rewarding in this regard that even though I am a Football fanatic, NBA 2K has pulled my attention away from that game (football) in ways I never though possible. I have not bought Madden in years but 2K is pre-ordered, every year.

Sometimes I don't understand the mechanics and every year, towards the end of the cycle, I get kind of depressed that I will still be learning how these work. I found your channel too late in the year, but I picked up such great information that really helped my game, and that allowed me to be a better teammate. I think we all want more of that, and I'm happy that you acknowledge that and are accountable for it as well.

You guys are the best. Keep growing, and help us understand how to really work this machine and get the most out of it.
I felt this...there's something about a great sim with depth and HOF presentation/attention to detail that makes everything else pale in comparison.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:04 AM   #43
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbertz
That's a language gaffe by me. I meant MyTeam
Ah thanks for the clarification. As you probably gathered, we pore over every word at this time of year.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #44
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Revamped Player Motion, Ball Physics & MyDynasty?

2k plz drop some game play footages that explain some of those new features.

Last edited by sudanmalkovich; 08-07-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #45
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
All sounds pretty good, although I wish that holding the pass button down would affect the speed of the pass, rather than determining who you're actually passing to.

I'm a little skeptical about all the revamped physics, but if it's true then this could be the answer to many of my gripes with 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #46
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K18 Hands-On Impressions - Revamped Player Motion, Ball Physics & MyDynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
If they try to play off-ball to remedy it, then just abuse them like IRL. Whether it's putting that player in a P&R or or just giving it too his man and calling for an ISO. To me, not playing on-ball is weak, but it's something we've been given the tools to attack. In 2K17 Y/Triangle cuts or calling for a P&R and slipping the pick helped me kill anybody who played off-ball. With the new P&R system I've been reading so much about, I'm sure it'll give us even more options. I got so good at this last year, that everybody who played me eventually switched to on-ball because I would just score with whoever they were guarding easily. Off-ball also allows you to better run plays because the CPU didn't steal spam or force pickups. Running something as simple as a floppy was near automatic, that Fist play from the Rockets playbook was amazing against off-ball.
I do think it can be beaten I am all for it. I also hope people don't come in here and complain about some artificial stupidity of their bad defensive IQ players. This if done right like I said would be a huge improvement. It might be in the best interest to play as the weak link off ball some pissessions though especially weak perimeter player

Some one will say " why is X player not guarding his man I set defense to play tight etc."
Old 08-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #47
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

As a MyLeague junkie, this new Coaching Scheme system was the biggest news I read. Having to actually consider your coaches scheme while drafting players and shopping in free agency is gonna be great, or vice versa looking for a head coach that will best take advantage of the personnel you have on your roster. MyLeague is about to be great.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 08-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 33

Again, hopefully we have a say on this ...

Would love to set GM preferences of looking for a coach or staff or player that matches the team mentality (run and gun, half court set, tanking, contending, staying pat, etc), looking to be able to edit coaches stars grade system (just in case, as well as with players, they arent rated as I see fit), in essence looking forward to even more customization and editing range and tools at our dispossal (can we finally assign from roster editing the teams freelance offenses and such ?).

Da_Czar, videos (gifs like, not necessarily of many minutes) specificaly showing some of the differences between 2K18 and prior titles and of the new implementations that were implemented this year to try and remedy issues, or just to improve the existing, would be more than welcomed, would go long ways into aiding the marketing appeal and more importantly, into informing and educating users.

Hopefully we get such thing in a detalied Blog of OG & you, or one from MW.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 08-07-2017 at 01:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »