Home

MAJOR game design flaw in 2k that will help 2k and the fans

This is a discussion on MAJOR game design flaw in 2k that will help 2k and the fans within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #17
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MAJOR game design flaw in 2k that will help 2k and the fans

There needs to be a bit of a grind, that's what gives the growth meaning.

That said, i wish the online element was separate from the MyCareer part. I don't like starting with a rookie who's highly touted but plays like total crap in the game. It's unrealistic. He has these big shoe deals but then his animations in the game make him look like a total scrub. And he's not fun to use. He's often slow and can't do anything that has any kind aesthetic to it. It takes way too long before your character becomes fun to use.

And if 2k thinks i'm gonna pay to develop my player then i'll just turn the game off and do something else.
That's what i did for 2k17 anyway.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
How is this way more generic than what we have now?

Because I may or may not be matched up against someone who grinder for a 97 overall and all their badges compared to someone new or very casual who is in the mid 80s, which only a couple badges.

Also, what is the plan for height and weight, wingspan, etc. Do we adjust it literally every game?

Sorry but I like having "myplayer" and taking him only and living with the mistakes I made, and the effort I put forth.

Is it more work and less pro am time? Yes. But I enjoy the grind (which isn't that bad anyways).

Honestly if you want all the badges and focus on them it only takes a couple days of grinding to get them all. During that grind you'll probably have enough VC to be a low to mid 70 (higher if you preorder I'm sure), and you can compete with that player (literally running and winning with a buddy that has a 73 PF and plays just fine).

Everyone these days wants everything easier. The grind makes me play the game long ER and not become bored because everything is "unlocked" from the jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 10:41 PM   #19
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Because I may or may not be matched up against someone who grinder for a 97 overall and all their badges compared to someone new or very casual who is in the mid 80s, which only a couple badges.

Also, what is the plan for height and weight, wingspan, etc. Do we adjust it literally every game?

Sorry but I like having "myplayer" and taking him only and living with the mistakes I made, and the effort I put forth.

Is it more work and less pro am time? Yes. But I enjoy the grind (which isn't that bad anyways).

Honestly if you want all the badges and focus on them it only takes a couple days of grinding to get them all. During that grind you'll probably have enough VC to be a low to mid 70 (higher if you preorder I'm sure), and you can compete with that player (literally running and winning with a buddy that has a 73 PF and plays just fine).

Everyone these days wants everything easier. The grind makes me play the game long ER and not become bored because everything is "unlocked" from the jump.

That's a fair point, as it is your opinion. But I think most people prefer playing online without hassle. I hear about a lot of people, (someone in this thread on fact) talk about how they don't have any time for spending an entire day grinding a video game character.

Also I don't see why adjusting height weight and position shouldn't be an option. Do it while you're on the got next spot. Plus you see all the same builds anyway, I'd say the flexibility would allow more diversity. Nobody in their right mind would make a post scorer under 6'7 or make a shot creator over 6'6" I don't think anyone in the community knows if those builds are good or not. We would if we had access to this.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
That's a fair point, as it is your opinion. But I think most people prefer playing online without hassle. I hear about a lot of people, (someone in this thread on fact) talk about how they don't have any time for spending an entire day grinding a video game character.

Also I don't see why adjusting height weight and position shouldn't be an option. Do it while you're on the got next spot. Plus you see all the same builds anyway, I'd say the flexibility would allow more diversity. Nobody in their right mind would make a post scorer under 6'7 or make a shot creator over 6'6" I don't think anyone in the community knows if those builds are good or not. We would if we had access to this.

I don't know man, I work crazy hours and still have the time to come home and grind a character or 5 out. They do need to make it a little more streamlined (i.e. The loading into practice, doing a drill, loading it etc needs to be cut down) but overall I enjoy the way it's built. I like having to make decisions like and overweight Center because I didn't know any better or a slower Sharpshooter, and be punished for making those choices (as the advantages don't outweigh the disadvantages).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »