Home

NBA 2K18 Video - Developer Diary: The Art Behind the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Video - Developer Diary: The Art Behind the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 11:13 AM   #17
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Video - Developer Diary: The Art Behind the Game

Changing body types for CAP's! LETS GO!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #18
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

I am going to be so upset if all the new create a player features are only exclusive to MyCareer. All of that amazing stuff (basically everything that us draft class makers have been begging for) needs to be available for regular CAP's, as well !!! Hopefully we can get some type of confirmation, later today.

But aside from all that, I'm absolutely blown away by the level of detail in every visual regard. For the first time ever, I didn't even find myself nitpicking over jersey & court colors lol...and It really don't make no sense how realistic those socks & kicks look. Whatever new scanning technology they upgraded to, is GOAT!!! This is by far the greatest looking sports game of all-time (sorry 2k14 lol)
Old 08-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #19
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Definitely a major upgrade visually. Lebron actually looks like Lebron, and the body types are pretty solid from what I saw. I like the cloth physics as well for the uniforms. I do wish they had tighter jersey options, though. Players like Melo wear theirs almost skin-tight.

Either way, looks great. Hopefully the feel of the game matches the visuals.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #20
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This looks fantastic man....

They even improved some of the guys that already looked good.

Finally captured CP3....I wonder of they finally nailed Wade too..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Honestly, that's the EXACT same CP3. The eyes still aren't bright enough, but it's close and they're missing the biggest thing that's thrown him off for years...his damn beard lol. Robin Lopez still also has that weird landing strip beard instead of a full one as well for some reason as he's had a full beard for the last 2 years. LaVine still doesn't have a goatee and looks like a kid. Conley still has a mohawk even though he rocked the fro all last year.
Winslow's hair is still the electric socket fro from 2k16(whatever De'Arron Fox/Josh Jackson hair looks like, Winslow needs to share it). We also know Kawhi still doesn't have a beard from the gameplay impressions day snippet.

Like I said in another thread, some of this is from older builds though so hard to know for sure if they've updated dudes since, for example:

That's the Ben McLemore from 2k17 on the left but the screen we got the other day clearly showed an updated version of him.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #21
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I've said this in the other thread but it's a nice change to lead off with an art blog. I'm hoping we get a sound blog as well.

Legs look good in that small snippet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
That "MyPlayer" creator doesn't look good at all, its a slider from 1-30 that generates random noses/ears/eyes etc. Atleast the last couple games you had freedom with the slider when creating a player.
No. In the last game you could chose present noses and eyes etc just like that but then you could do in depth sculpting in a separate menu.

Anyway... Body types made it in? I'm preordering as soon as I get home.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #23
Rookie

PeacemanNOT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
OS is wild. That video looked incredible. I was geeked out like a little kid watching it. Then I hop on the forum and the first response is a complaint about classic teams not being mentioned in a 3 minute clip. Not hating or judging, just saying... Lmao.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry for voicing my opinion. We've known for a good couple weeks that the art has been improved, so nothing new really there. The only thing art wise that I want to know is if they've improved the classic teams. I'm not complaining just stating that it's unlikely we're going to see a MAJOR overhaul with the classic teams (which is what they really need).

We might see improvements, like we've been getting the past few years but the fact that they're not talking about it in the video (which is dedicated to art) just tells me we won't see that huge overhaul that they've been needing the past 4 years.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #24
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »