Home

NBA 2k17 - Steam Sale $15 - Couple Questions

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 - Steam Sale $15 - Couple Questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k17 - Steam Sale $15 - Couple Questions

1. Worth it? -
2. Does Online association work (I think that is the mode where you can play a dynasty with friends)
3. Does anyone know if there are some historic rosters from the 80-90s that can be used (I am not talking about all the great players from the bulls on one team...or all the great laker players on one team.) I mean Historically Accurate

Thank you for you time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k17 - Steam Sale $15 - Couple Questions

1. for me yes (I'm on PS4)
2. don't play online
3. Overview: Extra Classic Content NBA 2K17 (PS4) (XB1)
Old 08-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

2. You don't play online or DON'T PLAY ONLINE - like a warning. This would be only with people I know.
3 - I need them for PC
Old 08-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Check out NLSC. They house a boatload of mods, including custom roster mods. There may be a few sets from the 80s/90s there.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyt
2. You don't play online or DON'T PLAY ONLINE - like a warning. This would be only with people I know.
Sorry: I don't play online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #6
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyt
1. Worth it? -
2. Does Online association work (I think that is the mode where you can play a dynasty with friends)
3. Does anyone know if there are some historic rosters from the 80-90s that can be used (I am not talking about all the great players from the bulls on one team...or all the great laker players on one team.) I mean Historically Accurate

Thank you for you time

1. Worth it? Depends on what you want, but overall I've enjoyed this year's 2K. The mods over at NLSC (such as TNT scoreboards) and the cyberfaces, really make it work for me.

2. It might work, but it's a convoluted mode and one I wouldn't recommend. Offline, the game is pretty solid to good in MyLeague; online is not nearly the same, IMO.

3. Sadly, it's a tough find to get a totally historically accurate, single season roster mode. The closest one I've come across is this one: 1995-96 rosters pelicans40ovr by Giedrius.

I had to edit that one quite a good bit to get it right before I launched my historical dynasty (an alternate history, mind you). Still, it didn't take me too long to get it all together and I rebranded a few teams to get them back to their 1995-96 locations (Grizzlies, Nets), then rebranded the Thunder back to Seattle, then made the Pelicans the the Thunder (thusly making the league 30 teams and rightly making OKC utter junk).
Old 08-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
Rookie

Sounds like Online Association is pretty shallow with no contracts, salary cap, etc. Blah. That was the only mode I planned on playing.

Maybe in 2k18 they will show that mode some love.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

On PC you'll be hard pressed to find a viable online league. MyPark is about 30% hackers and no that is not an exaggeration. If you look there are some groups that get together for ProAM. The community is also significantly smaller compared to consoles. Offline is the way to go for PC. If you play strictly offline and have the PC that can handle 2k (which isn't too demanding) then there isn't any reason to buy the console version over PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »