Home

NBA 2K18 Screenshots and Ratings - Towns, Giannis, Beal, Ross and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Screenshots and Ratings - Towns, Giannis, Beal, Ross and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Screenshots & Ratings - Towns, Beal, Ross & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Again, you're basically proving my point by using google image. You're also using athletic adrenaline infused (when the athlete is at the peak, peak, peak muscle flexed position) DSLR high powered (likely) camera shots.

Did you at least watch all three videos I posted? I specifically selected footage that zoomed in on the players. I wanted to get footage that zoomed in closer on players to show that their muscle definition is not as extreme as seen with google image. Not everything was from your traditional pulled back broadcast in-game camera shot. At the start of the game (example 1 video), during the timeout substitution (example 3 video), close up of the players, you'll see that their muscle definition is not as extreme as the google images you've captured. NBA live has extreme muscle definition always. It changes partially (not entirely, but partially) why their animations system looks the way they do.

Secondly. The screenshots 2k is releasing are basically from in game. They're simply zooming in on the players so they can specifically captured them as screencaps. Basically the same if you had the power from behind a TV studio broadcast camera. Find the player you want, zoom in and focus on them during the broadcast.

Third. Did you see how "soft" Andre's muscles looked in that second and third video? Did you see how "soft" all the players in the videos looked? These aren't during traditional broadcast camera, these are all during replay, or non-traditional zoomed in footage showing players on close up.
Again you're talking about how they look on a TV, not real life. For some, we want it to simulate as if we're standing on the floor with these dudes.

You have your own idea of what "sim" is but there's a reason Beluba created Beluba cam. There's a reason 2K cam exists. A reason Drive exists. All these angles are there because everyone plays the game for different reasons and from different perspectives. If I'm in broadcast I want it to look like a TV feed, other angles I want it to look like what you would see from the stands and so on and so forth. The closer you zoom in the more detailed the players should be and the definition should stand out, especially with the ultra ripped dudes like Giannis.

I want the players to look realistic, true to how they look in real life. I noticed you're a Warriors fan. The first time I saw Curry up close was in 2013 at Oracle vs Pistons, I was about six rows back from courtside and the one thing that blew me away was just how damn big he is, dude is a beast. If he was standing in your local gym you would assume he was some roid freak. It's only standing next to these freaks of nature that he looks little. Guy is stacked.

That's not reflected accurately in 2k and never has been.

P.S You clearly haven't been watching the replays when they do the phantom cam stuff on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Waiting for Evan Fournier....want to see if 2k did him dirty again this year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I saw it on their Instagram. I see if I can post it
Old 08-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #67
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Waiting for Evan Fournier....want to see if 2k did him dirty again this year.
I'll let Steve post the high res one but...

Spoiler

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-10-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #68
Rookie

renome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'll let Steve post the high res one but...

Spoiler
Redemption

Sent from my SM-A910F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #69
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Sean Kilpatrick

Dude will never look right without his tattoos. His arms are covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 11

still no cp3, just saying
Old 08-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #71
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
still no cp3, just saying
Only ones being shown are the guys tweeting Ronnie.

Chris Paul aint thinking about him, but they probably will when the Rockets officially unveil their unis

Clippers will do it tomorrow so they're probably on deck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #72
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
Again you're talking about how they look on a TV, not real life. For some, we want it to simulate as if we're standing on the floor with these dudes.

You have your own idea of what "sim" is but there's a reason Beluba created Beluba cam. There's a reason 2K cam exists. A reason Drive exists. All these angles are there because everyone plays the game for different reasons and from different perspectives. If I'm in broadcast I want it to look like a TV feed, other angles I want it to look like what you would see from the stands and so on and so forth. The closer you zoom in the more detailed the players should be and the definition should stand out, especially with the ultra ripped dudes like Giannis.

I want the players to look realistic, true to how they look in real life. I noticed you're a Warriors fan. The first time I saw Curry up close was in 2013 at Oracle vs Pistons, I was about six rows back from courtside and the one thing that blew me away was just how damn big he is, dude is a beast. If he was standing in your local gym you would assume he was some roid freak. It's only standing next to these freaks of nature that he looks little. Guy is stacked.

That's not reflected accurately in 2k and never has been.

P.S You clearly haven't been watching the replays when they do the phantom cam stuff on TV.

Note: Let's not bring in the idea of "sim" because camera angle does not dictate whether a sports game is sim. Yes, I like the way broadcast aesthetic makes the game, but it doesn't mean that 2k camera isn't sim. Sim is how the game is played regardless of camera angle. If the game had a camera called skybox 100 feet up in the air, it'll still be sim if the gameplay is sim.

If my recollection is correct, there is this one interview with Beluba where he specially stated that he wants to "replicate NBA as we see on TV or as close to it as possible every single year. They're not entirely there yet, but he wants to strive there as his ultimate goal."

Various camera angles were developed so players could play the way they want. That doesn't change how the player look not using DSLR high powered camera archived with google images.

I don't play a lot of game except a few sports games. Can you show me a game where zooming in the camera would show more muscle definition? Or where they look different from far away and zoomed in? Serious question.

(A) 2k camera (NBA game)
- this camera angle is not going to change the fact that the amount of visible "cut" muscle definition aren't going to be extremely cut like what you see on google image search during in game movement.

Spoiler

(B) Giannis google image that you posted earlier
- muscle intense adrenaline infused flexed muscle definition. When you posted two pictures with one picture like this to showcase (I'm assuming) what you would like for Giannis to look like, that's completely extreme.

Spoiler

(C) Giannis Video ... @0:34 - 0:53 Yes, Giannis has muscle definition, he's built, but it's not as "ripped" as seen with google image. Does this count a "live footage" more up close and personnel?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 08-10-2017 at 10:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »