Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #1377
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
The classic teams need massive work when it comes to playbooks. Some don't have more than 1 mid range play.

But yet they all have midrange play types
Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #1378
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
The legends really need some attention. I think Mark Eaton was listed as having a spin move badge or something. Seriously, I know it crazy but I would love a 2k Classic game with all the focus on the legends. Release it every other year. I'd be fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Honestly if the higher ups at 2k ever read something like this, they would laugh, i know that sounds bad, they would think its a good idea if they still made games specifically for fan and user experience, but thats not what their in it for anymore.

But to any common fan thats been playing the series for a long time, that would be a great idea.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #1379
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Honestly if the higher ups at 2k ever read something like this, they would laugh, i know that sounds bad, they would think its a good idea if they still made games specifically for fan and user experience, but thats not what their in it for anymore.

But to any common fan thats been playing the series for a long time, that would be a great idea.
Not really something to laugh at tho. There all about money and this could be a whole new money stream for them. There already paying for the likenesses of most guys so give us a classic game with era specific presentations to choose from and make everything customizable. They could call it NBA 2k: The Classics

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #1380
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Not really something to laugh at tho. There all about money and this could be a whole new money stream for them. There already paying for the likenesses of most guys so give us a classic game with era specific presentations to choose from and make everything customizable. They could call it NBA 2k: The Classics

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
The NBA has to approve this. I don't think the NBA would approve any game that does not promote it's current players as the focal point.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Last edited by TGsoGood; 11-11-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #1381
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
The NBA has to approve this. I don't think the NBA would approce any game that does not promote it's current players as the focal point.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Which is a shame. They really like to protect the product. Kind of sad they are still deleting videos and channels that are uploading full NBA games from 90s and early 2000s. I understand not letting people use it for free, but they should at least recognize the past NBA and sell or show off retro content outside of just hardwood classics on NBA TV.

That being said, they have an amazing framework for legends and retro content in 2k currently. If you would have told me we’d have this much at our disposal just a couple of years ago, I would not have believed you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #1382
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdog Millionaire
Which is a shame. They really like to protect the product. Kind of sad they are still deleting videos and channels that are uploading full NBA games from 90s and early 2000s. I understand not letting people use it for free, but they should at least recognize the past NBA and sell or show off retro content outside of just hardwood classics on NBA TV.

That being said, they have an amazing framework for legends and retro content in 2k currently. If you would have told me we’d have this much at our disposal just a couple of years ago, I would not have believed you
From my experience, the NBA has been the most lenient American professional sports league I've encountered when it comes to sharing footage online. I've been uploading retro footage on a YouTube channel for years without an issue (I believe Adam Silver even acknowledged on multiple occasions that he considers those uploads to be free advertising).

I reckon some of the only roadblocks would come when people attempt to profit off uploading the NBA's material or, in some cases, if someone's posting full length games with no original creative contribution.

I, for one, have never been in favor of the Classic 2K standalone game idea. I just don't think it's prudent. I may be wrong, but I'd venture to say that the majority of gamers using classic teams still like using current teams at times, too (as in, more than half of consumers, not all of them). I'd rather avoid shelling out $130 on two games for an experience I could probably mostly get in one. Basically, I think it'd be limiting and splitting what doesn't really need to be limited and split.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #1383
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
From my experience, the NBA has been the most lenient American professional sports league I've encountered when it comes to sharing footage online. I've been uploading retro footage on a YouTube channel for years without an issue (I believe Adam Silver even acknowledged on multiple occasions that he considers those uploads to be free advertising).

I reckon some of the only roadblocks would come when people attempt to profit off uploading the NBA's material or, in some cases, if someone's posting full length games with no original creative contribution.

I, for one, have never been in favor of the Classic 2K standalone game idea. I just don't think it's prudent. I may be wrong, but I'd venture to say that the majority of gamers using classic teams still like using current teams at times, too (as in, more than half of consumers, not all of them). I'd rather avoid shelling out $130 on two games for an experience I could probably mostly get in one. Basically, I think it'd be limiting and splitting what doesn't really need to be limited and split.
I frequently view your videos and am subscribed. You’re right, the videos that don’t seem to survive are the ones that have ads. I’d definitely pay a hefty amount for the NBA to release full season footage. Like every broadcast for the 2001 Kings or something like that.

As far as 2k is concerned, they have made strides every year with legends content while also balancing current NBA content. They know there is still a decent market for retro NBA. They seem to miss a lot of the small details when it comes to rosters, but I think they are doing a good job overall.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:46 AM   #1384
MVP

If they ever get Barkley’s rights, they need to add this Rockets team.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6FC1833B-4A5B-422E-8DA7-1919D0736BCC.jpeg (307.3 KB, 207 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »