Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2020, 07:59 PM   #2353
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

I know they’ve been slowly securing rights to players on the 2000 Pacers and 1993 Suns over the past several years. Last piece is convincing Reggie and Barkley
Old 05-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #2354
MVP

OVR: 3

I know we can create arenas but it would be nice if 2k could include some more classics. That would save a lot of time for me. Appropriate lighting would great too.

[ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adjustments.JPG (158.8 KB, 231 views)
Old 05-24-2020, 10:41 PM   #2355
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I know we can create arenas but it would be nice if 2k could include some more classics. That would save a lot of time for me. Appropriate lighting would great too.

[ATTACH]

Hopefully those classic teams would be more 80s and 90s squads since the last dance documentary is a success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2020, 11:44 PM   #2356
Rookie

Yeah they could remove alot of the 00s teams like the 02 suns, no need for that team and the 05 team. 05 team is better anyway with nash. The 02 mavs team too. Does anybody use those teams?

Old 05-25-2020, 11:28 PM   #2357
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounddog146
Yeah they could remove alot of the 00s teams like the 02 suns, no need for that team and the 05 team. 05 team is better anyway with nash. The 02 mavs team too. Does anybody use those teams?
Yeah I'm quite fond of the Nash-Nowitzki '03 Mavs team.

That said, I haven't really seen anything to suggest we're at a point where we'd have to eliminate teams to add teams, so I'm never particularly fond of deleting teams just to delete them. The more the merrier, in my opinion.

In the past few years it has seemed like 2K has gone out of their way to create whatever teams they could with the rights of players they had. The more rights you secure, the more options that become available. It seemed like an opportunity to create the '03 Suns popped up for them. As a bonus, it likely took very little additional resources since the arena and jerseys matched a team already included ('05 Suns). So I tend to look at teams like that as a nice extra as opposed to 2K making some kind of statement. They could have easily not made a 2003 Suns and then we'd just have one less classic team. I like that they went for it.

It's kind of what we'd been asking them to do for years. There's been a couple of threads around here where users just posted other classic teams 2K could make using only players already in the game. 2K actually went out and did that over the past years and it's been pretty cool. Unfortunately, the further back in time we go, the less player rights they have (and probably the tougher to secure considering complications when a player has passed away).

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-31-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:26 PM   #2358
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonGunne
Or maybe pay Reggie what he want to be in the game? I know it won't happen, but it would be really nice to have him
Maybe it's not about money and he simply doesn't care about video games (like Charles Barkley).
Old 05-31-2020, 08:54 PM   #2359
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I mentioned this in the Roster forum but thought I'd reach out here too in case you guys can help.

One of my rosters has hit the player limit. I've been deleting copies of real players that I don't need to make more room (which I learned today may not be a good idea). I haven't had any functionality issues with the roster until today. I edited four jump shots then on the fifth, the game booted me back to the XBox dashboard. I tried a second time and got the same result.

So, anyone have any insight on crashing and prevention?
Old 06-01-2020, 05:12 AM   #2360
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

I had a dream they announced Reggie's Pacers were coming to 2K with 2K21. It was so vivid

Kobe was on the cover. Something similar like this on their Twitter, with the inclusion of Reggie Miller hahaha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »