Home

NBA 2K18 Screenshots and Player Ratings - LeBron James, Dwyane Wade & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Screenshots and Player Ratings - LeBron James, Dwyane Wade & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #73
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Screenshot and Ratings - LeBron and Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
It's a highlight video.. meant to show highlights.. this has nothing to do with what I said. I can pull up a highlight video that makes Vince Carter look like the GOAT.

Dude shot 21% from 3, and under 50% on any shot outside of 3 feet from the rim. He might literally be the worst shooter to start at either guard spot in the entire NBA this past season. In fact out of any guard to start at least 1 game this season he was 107th in the league if you rank them by their eFG%..

He's a horrible defender. He doesn't get assists, he doesn't rebound.. his defensive numbers are worse than even James Harden's who literally has videos on YouTube for how pathetic his defense is.

His box plus minus was a negative. He's a starting point guard and his ast% was 80th in the league this past season. For reference even DeMarcus Cousins cracked the top 50. His player impact estimate was 102nd, his defensive rating was the worst in the entire league for any player that played 30+ minutes, his Net rating was a freakin -3.9 good for 322nd in the entire league.

Do I need to go on? He's been trash for years now. He might have a bounce back year, in which case they can up his ratings. But based his his past couple years, a 78 or whatever is what is actually being generous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not denying most of what you said. I can't argue with an advanced stat junkie. I moreso was referring to you saying most of his explosiveness was gone. A faded Derrick Rose is still more explosive and athletic than most guards in the league. He's still very tough to stand in front of on defense even with bad knees. Kyrie is bottom of the barrel defensively too. Ratings are subjective however.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM   #74
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Re: NBA 2K18 Screenshots and Player Ratings - LeBron James, Dwyane Wade & More

Y'all or crazy lol, anyways, this is the same damn Wade guys. It's been the same Wade since 2k14 when he was originally scanned. The problem is the scanning tech has improved since then and is a lot more accurate. For a guy like Wade, that is huge because he has very distinctive facial features like his eyes and defined jawline (this is kinda the same problem with the old Kawhi scan).
Old 08-15-2017, 10:44 PM   #75
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I'm not denying most of what you said. I can't argue with an advanced stat junkie. I moreso was referring to you saying most of his explosiveness was gone. A faded Derrick Rose is still more explosive and athletic than most guards in the league. He's still very tough to stand in front of on defense even with bad knees. Kyrie is bottom of the barrel defensively too. Ratings are subjective however.
His above the rim is explosiveness is gone. D-Rose was what an 81 in 2K17? I had no problem going coast to coast with him and dunking. His dunk rating was too high. Derrick Rose does not dunk anymore, it's not that he can't, it's that he doesn't have the same quick twitch explosion he used to have and he doesn't want to get hurt. He attempted 9 dunks and landed 8 in 64 games last year. His speed and body control are still elite, but he shouldn't be dunking with ease like in 2K17.

Kyrie is bottom of the barrel defensively, but his offensive attributes are so elite it still makes up for a high overall. He has like maxed out ball handling, maxed out lay-ups, one of the best post-up guards in the game, elite shooter from everywhere. Myself I wouldn't give Kyrie a 90, to me Damian Lillard is a slightly better player, I'd give Kyrie an 89 but no way 2K doesn't bless him with a 90 with a Finals appearance and him being the cover athlete and all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 12:17 AM   #76
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

I feel you, you're not wrong about some of what you say. I'm a biased fan but I can keep it real.

Rose isn't going to bang on anybody anymore granted, but he's still extremely crafty around the rim. His only equal/better in that department is Uncle Drew.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:35 AM   #77
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Obviously they're one of the greatest. I just said they aren't the greatest defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
In an era of all time historic lows of FTA's and in an era of all time highs in scoring, 3's taken/3's made... they ranked #1 in defense 3 straight years, and that's with KD35 missing 20 games last year.

They're a fantastic defensive group, and LeBron has 0 problem with them offensively. Plus, as stated he "coasts" through the regular season and got career highs in assists/rebounds in his 14th year then became the only player ever in any Finals series of any length average a triple double. A 30 point triple double I might add, against said defensive (and offensive) juggernaut.

PS. As far as star talent goes, rookies can absolutely be 80 overall, and certainly better. I agree don't go overboard, and maybe you're just taking Rose as the 78 example, but 80 overall seems pretty close to where the skillset of Lonzo might just be.

But that depends on your outlook. Everyone says MyCareer draft day is garbage because "no one would ever be #1 pick and be a 55 overall".. well, ask Anthony Bennett about that. But then "rookies shouldn't be an 80 overall" and Kyrie Irving popped off like 18/4/5/1 in his rookie season shooting 47% from the floor and 40% from 3... that's probably OVER and 80 overall.

So where does the truth lie?
Old 08-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #78
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K18 Screenshots and Player Ratings - LeBron James, Dwyane Wade & More

Looking at these OVR ratings I feel the system as a whole is extremely flawed. What is the basis of how the attributes are defined? Is it just regular stats or advanced stats?

It's very hard for me to justify D-Wade being an 84. I think players in 2k in general are given their ratings based on popularity. A player like Wade will receive a boost, while a player like Middleton doesn't get as much respect.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:53 AM   #79
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
they ranked #1 in defense 3 straight years, and that's with KD35 missing 20 games last year.

Where did you get that info from? They were second last year. Fourth in 2015-2016. First in 14-15, but there were 4 teams within a point of each other that year. The Spurs have been first 2/3 years, and 3rd in 14-15. How can they possibly be one of the best defensive teams ever, when they haven't even been the best defensive team in the league? The Spurs were historically great two years ago. As I said, they're great defensively. They aren't 'best ever' great.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:53 AM   #80
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

NBA 2K18 Screenshots and Player Ratings - LeBron James, Dwyane Wade & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeb35
Looking at these OVR ratings I feel the system as a whole is extremely flawed. What is the basis of how the attributes are defined? Is it just regular stats or advanced stats?

It's very hard for me to justify D-Wade being an 84. I think players in 2k in general are given their ratings based on popularity. A player like Wade will receive a boost, while a player like Middleton doesn't get as much respect.

Seems to me it's largely a popularity contest, plenty of overreaction too. Thank you blessed 2K for allowing full roster editing.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 08-16-2017 at 02:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »