Home

NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #33
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog

So glad they fixed the player movement. A lot of the issues defensively last year stemmed from the sluggish and unresponsive player movement. If it really is a night and day fix then this is huge

The addition of Icon bounce and lob passes is awesome to hear but I really liked the fact that they nerfed auto-contests. This will add another layer to defense and the "skill gap."

Can't wait to hear the AI blogs.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #34
Pro

JoFri's Arena

I'm jus getting a bit worried on the foul calls for weaker defenders.

Rem in 2K16 and 2K17, when playing onball u blew the defensive assignment and quickly switched to the nearest guy near the basket to "manually help", before u could press jump to contest, a "jump" animation triggered out of nowhere and the next thing u know, u were whistled for a foul call.

It feels like the AI cheated just to get foul calls from me. And my son asked "why did u jump so early?" I was stoned and mad and speechless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #35
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
"While in NBA 2K17, just holding down the Intense-D trigger would give you auto closeouts and jumping contests (which could be OP from time to time), it will now just register a lazy contest or no contest at all."

That's what I love about Live 18. It seems like 2k will have 1v1 a little like Live

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #36
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
For icon pass users, you can also enable options for Receiver Control and Pass Type Control. The former allows you to control the receiver like I mentioned above but by icon selecting, and the latter gives you the ability to manually control bounce, overhead or chest pass by double tapping, holding, or normal pressing the player icon button respectively.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-16-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #37
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll be the skeptic and say I'll believe it when I play it but everything I'm here sounds fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on the game and try everything out. There is a lot to take in. Going to spend hours learning the new controls and getting down all the new mechanics. Dribbling sounds like it could be awesome and I like that we can, essentially, turn off the shot stick with the push of a button but I'm a little confused exactly how this will work.

One thing I wish they would do with these blogs is add videos to showcase the changes and demonstrate what they are talking about. I'm much more of a visual learner.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitew33
Damn, all this stuff sounds great. Unlike a lot of you guys I'm not worried if these things are implemented properly I'm much more worried that they will be implemented then the players will start complaining about cheese or this and that being OP and they will patch all these things out. Maybe I'm just still traumatized by how beautiful the NBA 2K17 prelude and day one 2K17 played before they started tweaking everything.

This is exactly what scares me the most. I don't play park or any online games and 2k17 played great until most started complaining about the way the game played online and cheesers. They patched it way too much and killed all of the fun vs CPU for me.

I think they should find a way to send out 2 different patches for online gamers and offline gamers. I'm not knocking any of the online guys but we don't play the same brand of basketball and if the online guys encounter cheesers and such, they tweak the game so us offline players are punished as well. I'm going to buy the game on PS4 and Xbox one and I will play without any patches on one of them

Old 08-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #39
Banned

That blog reads like manna from heaven, but have to see how it's executed when I get the game.

One concern, was the section about the re-worked steals and how spamming will result in fouls. I hate to break it to you, but park players don't care about that in the slightest. I think the other game has it right where if you mistime a steal attempt you've conceded a massive advantage to the offensive player. That's the only thing I see as an antidote to steal spamming. It's one thing getting called for fouls, but if you're doing that and conceding points every possession then that should cause them to rethink.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Really excited for you guys to get your hands on it.
Can you answer if players from All Time teams will be able to be used in All Star Teamup?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »