Home

Old 08-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 93 Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I don't think those guys could sue in that case. Maybe if there was a generic "Shooting Guard 31" starting at the two but otherwise, if there's not even the vaguest reference to those guys then there's nothing they can do.

In fact, 2K used to have the 1985 76ers in the game for a few years, even without Charles Barkley. However, I always had the feeling that 2K must have thought signing him wouldn't be an issue and they created the team before finding out he wouldn't appear (I think Barkley's face and members of the '93 Suns like Mark West were all eventually found on the 2K12 disc). Had they known Barkley wouldn't commit, I bet the '85 Sixers would have never happened (and they were eventually pulled after Julius Erving and Moses Malone both encountered uncertain inclusion... though Erving eventually returned).

I think 2K knows that it wouldn't be prudent to reveal a 1998 Pacers team only to immediately follow up with "But without Reggie Miller!" Some of us would take that team anyway but I just can't see that being something they could do with their own business ethos and general consumer response in mind.
Fair enough. With regards to your last point, don't you think 2k or any marketing company would know how to go about that? Come on, every fan pretty much knows by now the deal with Barkley & Reggie. They could leave them for last, release them with the full teams on the 25th in this case, and tease with something along the lines of: "We know you have been waiting a long for these 2 teams...don't count the stars".
Old 08-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Fair enough. With regards to your last point, don't you think 2k or any marketing company would know how to go about that? Come on, every fan pretty much knows by now the deal with Barkley & Reggie. They could leave them for last, release them with the full teams on the 25th in this case, and tease with something along the lines of: "We know you have been waiting a long for these 2 teams...don't count the stars".
I really don't think that'd go over well, but that's just my opinion.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #59
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

If they want to be in the game, they have 2k's number. 2k doesn't need to tease, they ARE teasing with 2 teams released a day.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #60
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm going to need 2k to come out and confirm this 93 Nets inclusion before I get too excited. Also hoping for more official team reveals today as well.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #61
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I'm going to need 2k to come out and confirm this 93 Nets inclusion before I get too excited. Also hoping for more official team reveals today as well.
I keep refreshing the page lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Ok......Grizzlies choices are now forgiven for the time being.

YYEESSSS. More Golden era hoops!!!
I agree with everything except the golden era part

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2017, 02:18 PM   #63
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I agree with everything except the golden era part

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app

Exactly. Everybody knows the Golden Era was the 80's not the 90's......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #64
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I really wish they posted a screenshot of at least some of the players on the teams, like they did with the all-time Lakers team. Not knowing who's on the team is bad enough, but not knowing what any of the players look like just makes it even worse.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »