Home

Grand Badges or ScoreStreaks

This is a discussion on Grand Badges or ScoreStreaks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Grand Badges or ScoreStreaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
The grand badges are meant to reflect when people get "In the Zone". I mean Historically, there have been times when players who were great at one particular skill set showcased an incredible focus and went beyond the norm to put on out of body experiences.

Example:

Iverson who was a known lane defender goes off for 10 steals in the playoffs.
Even with a high steal rating, how can you replicate that in game without having a grand badge activate?

Know we all know Stephen Curry is the greatest shooter in NBA History, but how do you replicate Stephen going full American Sniper Mode by breaking the NBA Record for 3 pointers in a game, or him hitting these ridiculously deep three pointers without having hall of fame badges or Grand Badges in the game?

Like Seriously...How do u not need to have a Grand Badge or HOf for these??

Dennis Rodman is the greatest Offensive Rebounder in NBA History...How else can you replicate his style of rebounding with badges?

LeBron James LITERALLY has a 20 minute video of him doing what he does better than anybody in the history of basketball. The Chase Down Block.
Without a HOF Badge, how would shot blocking attributes alone replicate what the Only the KING can do best?

MJ......Acrobat HOF...nuff said. Badges ARE A MUST!

BTW as much as I hate how powerful grand badges are. This was a great reply lol. Kudos
Old 08-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #18
MVP

ph33's Arena

I don't have a single problem with the "extra fluff" you speak of. In fact, that's where all the VC should be spent, on cosmetic things that don't impact gameplay. Does it look silly? Sure. But it's still fun, and if you're good enough, you'll knock them out of the court anyways. Better than having to spend a fortune of money or time just to get your player competent.

Lmao@ BIG BODY MIYAGIS
Old 08-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Totally agree with you. Instead of just heating up you now get this badge that makes you better at everything outside of your skill set lol. It is arcadey.

But 2K is played by A LOT of kids. Especially my park so they gonna cater to those kids. Before park was just a mode where you could run against other players. Now you got dances, jetpacks, tigers, mascots, skateboards, everything that doesn't have to do with basketball is taking over the core of the my park experience which is actually going and playing against other players.

It's super arcadey but it can be fun at times, I just wish they would take out all that extra fluff for the park.

Slow down my friend....A grand Badge activating only allows you to be at ONE thing for a limited time(about 1 minute in game time). At what point did you see you anyone using a grand badge and other abilities got better besides the ones that activated? Did a Lockdown Defender start shooting from the Hash? Did A sharpShooter Start getting God Like Snagging Rebounds over 7'3 Centers? Please Fill me in.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
BTW as much as I hate how powerful grand badges are. This was a great reply lol. Kudos
Thanks buddy

Old 08-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #21
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Totally agree with you. Instead of just heating up you now get this badge that makes you better at everything outside of your skill set lol. It is arcadey.

What grand badge do you have because mine only lets me do one thing well. Maybe you played a guy who was giving you the work so bad on both ends it seemed like his grand badge was allowing him to do multiple things.

Grand badges are actually something 2k did perfect in this game imo.

They only last like 2 minutes. They are very effective but not extremely OP.

I have way more of a problem with regular badges and how you get them before grand badges. To me the fact that a guy with 45 3 ball rating can even acquire catch and shoot, is a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #22
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

The main thing I like about grand badges is the fact that it lets everyone on your team(if you play walk on) know what your archetype is. It can be a real struggle sometime when I use my stretch big and I have a Playmaker on my team who keeps throwing me lobs and flopping when I miss 50% of them lol.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #23
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
The main thing I like about grand badges is the fact that it lets everyone on your team(if you play walk on) know what your archetype is. It can be a real struggle sometime when I use my stretch big and I have a Playmaker on my team who keeps throwing me lobs and flopping when I miss 50% of them lol.

Yeah I always found it weird that we can't see our teammates archetypes. I always make an effort to ask ppl what theirs is so I know who I can throw alley oops to in what situation. If I'm playing with all sharps I'll rarely throw one. But if I have a slasher or athletic finisher I know that I can throw the oop to you in traffic and you'll go up and catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-20-2017, 02:41 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter

Slow down my friend....A grand Badge activating only allows you to be at ONE thing for a limited time(about 1 minute in game time). At what point did you see you anyone using a grand badge and other abilities got better besides the ones that activated? Did a Lockdown Defender start shooting from the Hash? Did A sharpShooter Start getting God Like Snagging Rebounds over 7'3 Centers? Please Fill me in.
Dude all your stats increase when you are hot. I'm a sharpshooter and when my badge is on I dribble better. I can finish in the paint better and etc. I have friends who are lock down defenders and when their badge is on they shoot better from 3 and it's not just placebo. The shot meter actually gets bigger and etc. Even when I do layups with my grand badge on I get more greens then with it off. Idk what game you are playing.

Your grand badge is activated by doing things good. It's not just doing what your badge says. As a sharpshooter I've gotten hot by playing good defense, getting steals and getting assists in the park. It doesn't increase you overall stats drastically but it is noticeable. I use to do all things better plus shoot when my badge came on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »