Home

The center position is the easiest way to rack up assists in 2k17

This is a discussion on The center position is the easiest way to rack up assists in 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
The center position is the easiest way to rack up assists in 2k17

Sorry for long post but I feel like im obligated to put you guys up on game. MAX OUT YOUR PLAYMAKING ON YOUR CENTER AND GET LOB CITY PASSER, DIMER AND FLASHY PASSER.

If I told you Iv been averaging around 18 10 and 8 in the walk on playing with randoms, I'm sure most of you would think I'm lying. Now those numbers are only from August and about half of July. My lifetime walk on stats are 17.7 ppg, 8.2 rpg, and 4.8 apg.

But Iv been doing something for about 30 days that gets me a near triple double every game and I want to know if any other back to the basket big man does it because I haven't seen it talked about on here yet but alley oops and flashy passes are really OP in this game. I have a post scorer and I got lob city passer, flashy passer and dimer on him, then I maxed out my playmaking and I swear to you if I play with a slasher or athletic finisher I can get 15 assists easily.

I wish I had pics for you guys but I'm not a big gameplay record or picture guy. I always forget to do it when I do something cool, then when I finally do record a video it's too late.

So heres what I do. In the first quarter I do nothing but pass the balI. I might shoot one shot in the first if I'm wide open. I post up in the high post and when I see the ball coming to me while it's in the air I scan the court and see who gets open. So I don't START looking at open guys when I catch it. As soon as I see a ball making it's way to me I start looking for cutters and open 3s. This for some reason catches a lot of ppl off guard. While the ball is in the air ALOT of defenders will either try to rush you or they will get caught "slipping" and let their man get a step on them on a cut. This allows me to throw a FAST and EASY alley oop. I promise you guys Iv been getting like 5 assists a game on alley oops alone.

So let's say an oop to a cutter isn't open. Or let's say your playing with a low IQ athletic finisher or glass cleaner who just won't leave the paint. The alley oop logic is so broken that if you have lob city passer and the receiver of your pass have lob city finisher, it allows the dunker to sometimes cancel out animations and jump for your oops and dunk them in HEAVY traffic.

I realized this last month and I only made a thread about it because I have NEVER played with a center who throws the oop as often as me. Something else that seems OP is of you throw the oop from the post up it seems like it's more accurate than an oop facing the rim. Also the animation just looks mad sweet. He throws it over his shoulder no look and it bullets to the dunker. I have one friend who I play with who is a tall slasher and I wanted to see how OP oops were so a couple times I told him to go to the paint and stand still right under the rim. I'll throw the oop and it seemed like unless the dude intercepted the pass or my friend just missed the dunk, he was jumping straight up vertically and dunking on his man in traffic CONSISTENTLY.

A little bit about flashy passer on a center is it's really great for interior passing to other bigs or passing to the paint from the perimeter. Flashy passes are bullet passes 100% of the time so off rebounds you can catch guys sleeping by taking a few steps out the paint off rebounds and flashy passing it back to the paint. They seem to be very hard to steal for whatever reason.

Doing this I am guarunteed a triple double if I play with my friends but I ALWAYS get near a triple double even with randoms. Because who would've thought, If you throw random dudes alley oops in games they start to like you and they actually pass you the ball a lot. I know right? Lol

I just wanted to ask has anyone seen bigs who throw a lot of oops from the post or flashy pass a lot? Iv been playing this game since it launched and I cannot remember running with a center who threw as many oops and flashy passes as I do. If you know one I want to play with him.

If anyone wants to try the validity of this post I'll be running at around 11pm today. My PSN is Younghoush

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 08-19-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »