Home

Taking a Look at NBA 2K18's Player Ratings So Far

This is a discussion on Taking a Look at NBA 2K18's Player Ratings So Far within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Taking a Look at NBA 2K18's Player Ratings So Far

LaVine shot 40.6% from mid range to compare that to some otherplayers, Wade shot 39.6, DeRozan shot 41.2, Harden shot 41.1, Kemba shot 41.6, Devin Booker shot 38.7, Westbrook 36% (lol).

So he's certainly not great from that range but he's not extremely poor either.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #58
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
LaVine shot 40.6% from mid range to compare that to some otherplayers, Wade shot 39.6, DeRozan shot 41.2, Harden shot 41.1, Kemba shot 41.6, Devin Booker shot 38.7, Westbrook 36% (lol).

So he's certainly not great from that range but he's not extremely poor either.
fair enough, but even his disgusting defense is probably enough for some people to consider an 80 overrated. I personally think he's fine at around a 79-80, but I understand why some people might not be
Old 08-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by limache
Why do you say that? I think he's underrated. I think he should be like an 87 or 88.

Part of the problem is Melo's presence - he takes more touches and opportunities from Porzingis to score and be the focal point of offense.

If Porzingis had the freedom and touches like KAT, I think he'd be pretty close. His jumper is smooth (I think his 3pt shot should be 85), his contested shots should be way higher since he's so tall, and his handling and speed is better in real life than in the game.

He's a two way player who can block the rim and shoot threes - that's super rare! and he moves pretty good for a guy his size.
Exactly. KP would have developed quicker if the team is built around him. Now that Phil's gone, maybe the front office finally gets it right.

In 2k17, the Anthony/KP duo was lethal - get Anthony in the post, kick it out to KP at the 3-point line.......PURE! Pick & rolls work nice too.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
Exactly. KP would have developed quicker if the team is built around him. Now that Phil's gone, maybe the front office finally gets it right.

In 2k17, the Anthony/KP duo was lethal - get Anthony in the post, kick it out to KP at the 3-point line.......PURE! Pick & rolls work nice too.

Actually I rarely play them together. I stagger them apart by putting Melo on the bench . He would never accept that in real life but he'd be the best sixth man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-23-2017, 07:21 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
The problem I find with Curry's ratings in general is his passing ratings and defensive ratings, things of that nature, are typically boosted in 2K to give him one of the higher overall ratings in the game. I would rather 2k tweak the formula rather than overrate aspects of his game just to make sure his overall is high enough. I believe 2 seasons ago he was even ranked as the best defender on GS's roster, with passing stats that made him comparable to Magic. Just so he could stay up around a a 98 or whatever they wanted him at.

If you adjust his ratings accordingly he usually winds up around the lower 90's, which obviously doesn't represent a two time MVP level player so 2K boosts other aspects of his ratings. I don't care much for what a player's overall rating is, so I usually try to go through and adjust a lot of guys.

He's at a disadvantage because as a point guard guys who have better athletic attributes and passing attributes, like Westbrook and Wall, are going to have higher overalls even if they aren't necessarily better players. 2K tries to balance that rather than just not worry about what the rating shows, or tweak their own formula to value his shooting more. I'm just glad we can make our own changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1000 times yes to this post.

Honestly, I cry every single time when I see a thread where some guys arguing about someoneīs Overall Rating.

I donīt give a **** if Curry is rated 96 or 85.
All I want is him being the best 3Pt Shooter in the game, have great handles, being a decent Playmaker and an below average defender or average defender at best and I want him to take those crazy 3īs.

And I couldnīt care less if Westbrook is a 98 or a 84.
All I want is him to being that athletic freak the he is, that is nearly impossible to keep away from the basket.
And I want him to have his flaws, like being an average defender at best or taking too many 3īs (accurate Tendencies are as important as Ratings are).

And the same goes for every Player in the League.
I just want them to play like themselves and I want to really feel a difference when having a guy like LeBron on the team, a guy that transforms a decent team into a contender.

Trust me guys, if 2K would take out the Overalls or atleast make them hidden, so that there are no more unnecessary discussions about those damn Overalls, this would be a better game!!
Sadly, we all know that will never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #62
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24
Spoiler
While we're on the topic of westbrook and being able to have the players "feel" like themselves, I'd like to see less players pulling off uber-athletic plays to pick off passes in 2k18.

Looking at this video, It just shows how amazing Westbrooks instincts are. However, It's almost like any CPU player can pull off these plays in 2k17. I see guys like Enes Kanter do it all the time.

Hopefully the "reaction time" and "pass perception" attributes matter a lot more this year
Old 08-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by limache
Actually I rarely play them together. I stagger them apart by putting Melo on the bench . He would never accept that in real life but he'd be the best sixth man.

The Knicks are going to be so bad this year......smh
Old 08-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24
1000 times yes to this post.

Honestly, I cry every single time when I see a thread where some guys arguing about someoneīs Overall Rating.

I donīt give a **** if Curry is rated 96 or 85.
All I want is him being the best 3Pt Shooter in the game, have great handles, being a decent Playmaker and an below average defender or average defender at best and I want him to take those crazy 3īs.

And I couldnīt care less if Westbrook is a 98 or a 84.
All I want is him to being that athletic freak the he is, that is nearly impossible to keep away from the basket.
And I want him to have his flaws, like being an average defender at best or taking too many 3īs (accurate Tendencies are as important as Ratings are).

And the same goes for every Player in the League.
I just want them to play like themselves and I want to really feel a difference when having a guy like LeBron on the team, a guy that transforms a decent team into a contender.

Trust me guys, if 2K would take out the Overalls or atleast make them hidden, so that there are no more unnecessary discussions about those damn Overalls, this would be a better game!!
Sadly, we all know that will never happen.

That's a pretty revolutionary idea to take out the overalls. I like it. I agree I wish they just played like in real life and have their flaws too.

What do you guys think about the stamina in 2k17? I feel like they over compensated to the point where you can't really play them for more than half the game unless you want them at like 60.

Also I HATED how they changed the quick subs with the triangle and the colors to show you the players stamina. Before they had numbers, which was perfect! They had to change a perfectly good system for no reason. Now the only way to check stamina is to pause the game -_-

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »