Home

All-Time Hornets team possibly revealed

This is a discussion on All-Time Hornets team possibly revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All-Time Hornets team possibly revealed

Quote:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...169067752.html

▪ No Gerald Wallace? He went from an expansion-draft castoff in Sacramento to an All-Star in Charlotte. He has to be on this list.
▪ Coleman over Vlade Divac or Elden Campbell strikes me as weird. Coleman replaced Divac in 1999, and it was a clear downgrade.
▪ How could Felton make this group and David Wesley not? At worst, Wesley is the same statistically, and he had far more impact here.
▪ No Anthony Mason? No Jamal Mashburn? No Marvin Williams?

Walker / Bogues / Davis / Felton
EJ / Gill / Curry
Rice / Stephen Jackson
LJ / P.J. Brown / Gattison
Zo / Jefferson / Coleman

Seems fine but odd choice not to have Gerald Wallace as a third SF instead of Felton. P.J. Brown is in the game, but maybe no Jamal Mashburn since he would totally make an All-Time Hornets list! I agree with the writer about David Wesley & the inclusion of Coleman and Gattison too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Re: All-Time Hornets team possibly revealed

Wow...well if this is true it's probably because 2k couldn't reach an agreement with those players.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Mashburn and Gerald possibly yeah, Wesley was on the 07 Cavs & Campbell on several teams I think. You'd think they would've taken Okafor over Al Jefferson or even alongside since PJ Brown didn't do much in Charlotte, more in New Orleans.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Maybe 2k thought certain guys weren't worth having on multiple teams so here's hoping Mashburn is on the All time Heat. Then Hornets fans can move him over to their team if they want him there.

97 Lakers Campbell isn't much different than his time with Hornets nor is the Sacramento Kings Divac so I can just put them on the All time Hornets in my game if I want (hopefully).
Old 08-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
Maybe 2k thought certain guys weren't worth having on multiple teams so here's hoping Mashburn is on the All time Heat. Then Hornets fans can move him over to their team if they want him there.

97 Lakers Campbell isn't much different than his time with Hornets nor is the Sacramento Kings Divac so I can just put them on the All time Hornets in my game if I want (hopefully).
Hope so indeed, especially Mashburn because he was very important to that 97 Heat team!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan

You're going to see a lot of guys on two teams, some even three. So I'm guessing they just don't have the rights to a guy like Mash.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm starting to question how much thought was put into these teams (bench players).......

Only thing I worry about with filling spots with appropriate CAP's of missing players, the FA pool being flooded with "historic" players screwing up MyLeague.

Sad to see no Gerald Wallace, isn't his cyberface still hidden on - disc (?), or Monster Mash on the Hornets.....

Two of my favorite SF's of the 1990's and 2000's....

from Bills Backer/Spurs Nation HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-24-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #8
Rookie

While this team doesnt look the greatest, it was pretty obvious the Charlotte team was going to be the worst all-time team from the get-go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »