Home

Is this the end of the Euroleague license?

This is a discussion on Is this the end of the Euroleague license? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Is this the end of the Euroleague license?

I first thought about this when they added they announced the the new classic teams and all-time teams, but after the announcement of finalized roster I notice one omission of Andrea on the Raptors all time roster which made me think about it again.

Now I know i was in the small minority that actually use the euroleague teams, but would have to say it would be s bummer if they bump the euroleague out the game after including it for the past 4 or 5 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
Banned

GloGangJay's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is this the end of the Euroleague license?

I've honestly been wanting them to remove euroleague teams for years now lol but I understand how much of a bummer it'd be for those who actually value them
Old 08-24-2017, 10:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

If I remember, in the blog of my league they said that you could do a fantasy draft with nba players, classic players and euroleague players, so I guess that they still have the license
Old 08-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

This is something I have been wondering about as well. I enjoyed the Euroleague teams, especially back in 2K14. I actually thought the Euroleague would be a nice backdrop for a MC story. Instead of the cliche poor inner city kid they could have gone the mysterious Euro angle. Anyway, the Euroleague teams Have felt neglected the past few years. And with no mode or tie in to ML they kind of felt like a waste. I'd still rather have them than not. Considering all that 2K has added with the classic though I can't really complain. Would be nice to get some clarification either way.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOrangeBaby
I first thought about this when they added they announced the the new classic teams and all-time teams, but after the announcement of finalized roster I notice one omission of Andrea on the Raptors all time roster which made me think about it again.

Now I know i was in the small minority that actually use the euroleague teams, but would have to say it would be s bummer if they bump the euroleague out the game after including it for the past 4 or 5 years.
When they 1st put Euro League in, I thought WTH, who cares about some foreign league. But I actually have enjoyed playing the Euro Teams, and would probably spend even more time playing them if 2k actually put any work into making correct rosters and plays for those teams. Heck I wish they added a Euro League Association mode, and have it tied to the NBA Association.
Considering how little effort goes into the Euro teams and classic teams, and Im sure the All time teams will be the same way. The ratings of these players are always awful. I hope this year more effort was put into all of these teams. I also hope that those fake players for classic teams are fully editable, so we can just edit them, instead of having to CAP. Ive always thought thats the stupidest thing, giving us fake players, but not allowing us to fully edit them into a actual player, without having to go the route of CAP.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
When they 1st put Euro League in, I thought WTH, who cares about some foreign league. But I actually have enjoyed playing the Euro Teams, and would probably spend even more time playing them if 2k actually put any work into making correct rosters and plays for those teams. Heck I wish they added a Euro League Association mode, and have it tied to the NBA Association.
I was the exact same way. I still remember one day being bored and I just selected two Euro teams to see what the heck they were. I thought it was cool but nothing special. Then I found myself playing random 3 min qtr games and learning about the players and Euroleague. The quality did slip after 2K15 but there were rosters out there and it was a different flavor running a ML with them. I get that they weren't a focus but I honestly enjoy them.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

Problem with the euroleague is, that 2k doesn't put in any effort at all. Most players are rated just wrong. Some players are even listed at wrong positions (I remember a 2,08m player, who plays Center in real life was listed as SG...). No incentive for me to use any of the euroleague teams, if they are just a bunch of random rated CAP players that have nothing in common with their real life counterpart besides their name.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Problem with the euroleague is, that 2k doesn't put in any effort at all. Most players are rated just wrong. Some players are even listed at wrong positions (I remember a 2,08m player, who plays Center in real life was listed as SG...). No incentive for me to use any of the euroleague teams, if they are just a bunch of random rated CAP players that have nothing in common with their real life counterpart besides their name.
Yep. The quality dropped significantly after 2K14. The rosters were outdated but all the players were scanned. I don't recall any CAP faces that year. I think it was 2K15 where they had Keith Langford, a guard, 7 feet tall. And it went down from there. There was a roster maker name Javo (?) who put out some amazingly accurate rosters with accurate looking faces; I don't know how he did it. But I totally get them falling out of favor with people once the quality dipped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »