Home

NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Infographic

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Infographic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 06:21 AM   #41
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Infographic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
I don't think Chuck is asking for too much at all. He wants the million to go to the Players association not himself. 2K makes soo much money so 1 million certainly shouldn't break them.
Of course 2K could afford to pay it. But why would they? Outside of Jordan, these legends just don't move the needle sales wise; that includes Barkley. I highly doubt that Barkley alone is worth more than a million. This is a business. 2K has their slotted amount for how much they pay for guys and I'm sure their overall value to the game was factored into it. Outside of Reggie, they have managed to get evey other legend of stature with the pay model they are using. Charles plight is noble and I respect him for that. I understand 2Ks business oriented approach too. Charles could always donate his proceeds to the players union. Something every year is better than nothing, but that's neither here or there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 06:33 AM   #42
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Of course 2K could afford to pay it. But why would they? Outside of Jordan, these legends just don't move the needle sales wise; that includes Barkley. I highly doubt that Barkley alone is worth more than a million. This is a business. 2K has their slotted amount for how much they pay for guys and I'm sure their overall value to the game was factored into it. Outside of Reggie, they have managed to get evey other legend of stature with the pay model they are using. Charles plight is noble and I respect him for that. I understand 2Ks business oriented approach too. Charles could always donate his proceeds to the players union. Something every year is better than nothing, but that's neither here or there...
I agree with this.

I'd love Barkley in. But his involvement wouldn't add $1M in sales. It would just excite us (people already buying the game).....

Sad, but true.

Hey 2K, just invest your resources in making the legends more detailed and we'll forget Barkley's first name haha.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #43
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Short but insightful article, sort of putting onto official record what we've always generally suspected over the years. The key portions:
This is some good stuff. I love and miss College Hoops 2K. I'm always thinking of a way that it could come back legally and be profitable.

Seeing that there's a retired players association is huge in my mind. Between retired player association and the current player association 2K could totally rake in the dough with MyTeam cards and stuff. They could even have "what ifs" cards for the LeBron, Kobe and KGs who never went to college. For the current game they could have generic but real looking players like your teammates in MYCareer. Or even guys made from this years CAP that you can't edit to infringe on college players likeness to protect 2K, the NCAA and the schools from lawsuits. It wouldn't hurt to have the real coaches and their systemlike they had in CH2K7. Literally copy and paste CH2K8 from there. Soundtrack and all.

There's an online money making component and the stars (LeBron, KD, Steph) are there to drive interest. There could even be a MC story that you could continue with in NBA2K. NBA2K sold 8.5 mil; couldn't a College Hoops game like the one i described sell a million or so if advertised? Pipe dream, I know. But it's fun to imagine...
Old 08-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
I don't think Chuck is asking for too much at all. He wants the million to go to the Players association not himself. 2K makes soo much money so 1 million certainly shouldn't break them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
THIS times ten. But it seem like im going to have to continue to pray even harder now for this ice to break.
It's a lot to spend to acquire one player and will set an even more expensive precedent moving forward. They most likely already have a budget for these things anyway.

You can have chuck for a million and lose several other things or let chuck be chuck and maybe he'll come around. It's easy to say when it's not your money.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:32 AM   #45
Pro

If they cave for Chuck who's to say Chris Webber doesn't want to renegotiate? Or Kareem? Or Kenny Smith or whatever role player with an inflated ego? Yes they could add chuck and lose 20 guys they have already because they think they can get more too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
If they cave for Chuck who's to say Chris Webber doesn't want to renegotiate? Or Kareem? Or Kenny Smith or whoever with an inflated ego? Yes they could add chuck and lose 20 guys they have already because they think they can get more too
Exactly. Not just that but guys that were half of what Charles is/was will want 500k and stuff which would add up.

Their approach to this is fine. Guys saying 2k should do it just for Charles think they have seen enough John Smiths and John Davis' on these rosters -- wait til 2k does that, they haven't seen anything.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #47
Pro

I think the worst part is that Chuck made his demands public so if he gets in the game everyone will know why and for how much.

Best solution is to maybe do a joint donation to the retired players where 2K donates 500K and Chuck matches it. At least they can make that case to anyone else to put their money where their mouth is.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #48
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I don't think it would just get Barkley in though. I found this recent article last night that convinces me that they could possibly get Barkley, Miller and some others if 2k plays ball on the million for the retired players association.

Quote:
Due to a licensing issue between 2K Sports and the NBA Players Association, Reggie Miller was left off of the "NBA 2K18" all-time Pacers team, which features Indiana's most notable players in the history of the franchise.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3442676

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »