Home

Charles Barkley on why he isn't in 2K18

This is a discussion on Charles Barkley on why he isn't in 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 05:43 PM   #9
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Charles Barkley on why he isn't in 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
He has mentioned it on Inside The NBA many times that 2K gives money to retired players fund (2mil) to join. 2K will never do it nor they should. As much as I would like to see Chuck in the game, it's not worth it for 2K to spend 2 mil on one guy. Only MJ is worth that because he will sell games. People who play 2K will play it with or without Chuck
Yeah. I also think that if he really wants to help thoses guys he should negociate his likeness (something reasonnable) and give himself that money to the association. It won't be a million that's for sure but that's still something that could help some of them.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Why would Barkley need to pay the money himself for the retired players? When it comes down to it it's 2k who wants to do business with him in getting his likeness and others in the game so they should be the ones to do it.

There's absolutely no way 1 million dollars is an issue for them.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #11
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
Why would Barkley need to pay the money himself for the retired players? When it comes down to it it's 2k who wants to do business with him in getting his likeness and others in the game so they should be the ones to do it.

I just meant he would negociate his likeness with 2K and give that money to the retired players. 2K money is basically free money he could get to help thoses guys. Even if that's 100K or whatever 2K would pay for Barkley it could still help some of them. Seems more reasonable than saying 1mil or gtfo (especially when you know you're never getting that) when there are actual people in needs you want to help.

Last edited by Vni; 08-26-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3

Ok so they pay the million. What's Reggie's deal? Does he need a million? 2k has done a fine job of gathering great players to be in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan

Yeah. They're in the business of handing out millions like candy...

And it's not even 1 million. It's 1 million he wants every year. it's a stupid demand and frankly I don't want them to give in because next year 10 players will want more because Charles got more. Doesn't matter that it went to the union.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not slicing onions over ex millionaires that squandered their money. I can sympathize because many were not equipped to handle it properly but on my list of people that need help broke NBA players are not high on my list of charities.

Yes Chuck is free to demand whatever he wants and 2K is free to tell him to jump in a lake. I don't like the end result but I'm on 2Ks side on this 100%.

Last edited by Kstat; 08-26-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #14
Rookie

Barkley wants to see the old guys that didn't make **** taken care of. I respect it, & I'm happy to help. Give me the 93 Suns, 98 Pacers, 77 Blazers, the 75 Warriors, 83 76ers, & other great classic teams with guys they dont have the rights for. Make it a DLC with the proceeds going to the retired players association. I'll happily pay the players for their likeness
Old 08-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #15
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

There's a guy on twitter who has been giving info that has been legit. He posted about Kobe and KG being on the broadcast team yesterday and Steve just posted that info on twitter. This guy has been saying for weeks that Barkley isn't on any teams but will be in the game on with Ernie, Shaq and Kenny so I guess we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 07:08 PM   #16
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
He has mentioned it on Inside The NBA many times that 2K gives money to retired players fund (2mil) to join. 2K will never do it nor they should. As much as I would like to see Chuck in the game, it's not worth it for 2K to spend 2 mil on one guy. Only MJ is worth that because he will sell games. People who play 2K will play it with or without Chuck
I don't know. Playing with Mike and those bulls teams is fun but I would LOVE to rock to a public enemy song while playing with a sir Charles team any day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »