Home

Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage

This is a discussion on Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #73
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm not saying it won't be a good game, I'm just over it for now.* I'm struggling to find noticeable improvements from 2k17, and I absolutely hated that game.* Just seems like the guys are skating all over the place,* I'm still not sold on their momentum system when players drive, the ball tangibility still seems iffy to me and the full court passing still looks to be spammable.

Gonna wait until I get my hands on the 'Prelude', but if I had to choose right now I'd definitely go with Live for $40.* Not sure if it's just the "new" factor, but I'm enjoying the demo quite a bit.* If nothing else, I'm willing to support EA's efforts this year, so that hopefully we'll continue to have options as consumers.* It's hard to play the same game for 7 straight years without getting tired of it, nothing personal.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook

And what is CPU Kawhi doing anyway? Why is the best perimteter defenders in the NBA just letting Harden turbo down the court like that?
I'm guessing you're referring to before the gif starts but for the most part, Kahwi plays good defense. Harden isn't going anywhere, he hasn't beaten him which just emphasises how unnecessarily bad Gasol's defense is. Why help when Kahwi hasn't been beaten? The only thing I would criticise Kahwi for is just turning his back on Harden when he makes a jump pass. He should be doing everything he can to intercept or tip that pass. If this was 2K11 either Kahwi or Gasol would have tipped or intercepted that pass. They definitely wouldn't have tried to catch air like Gasol does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
The first possession shows what happens when you bump a defender with the ball-hand. It was a turnover without Green having to swipe at the ball.

The Parker animation did look funky, but if you look closely, the player controlling him comes to a full stop, almost to purposely avoid a momentum jumper.

As far as Pau, that's not a good look, but I wonder is that one of the built in poor defender plays that were mentioned in someone's early play breakdown. Pau has never been a defensive genius and has been even worse at his advanced age.
What happens in the first possession doesn't happen all the time. There's a possession where CP3 runs into the ball handler and nothing happens.

I see your point on the Parker jumper but it still looks off, like it's missing a transitional animation, I still think the jumper should look slightly different in that situation. It's like when Carmelo sometimes pulls-up suddenly after dribbling the ball down. His the right side of his body over rotates much more than when he's taking a set shot.

The Pau animation is inexcusable. It's in 2K17 as well. It just doesn't happen in the NBA. It would only happen where people have bad hand-eye coordination like in elementary school or with people who don't play basketball often or rarely do. It's embarrassing and doesn't belong in the game.

And one sidenote, why do players in NBA 2K avoid doing traditional layups (i.e. off the glass) as much as possible? In the first possession where Danny Green steals the ball off Harden, after he's beaten him why does he do a mini-floater from the right side with his left hand? It makes no sense. These shots appear far too often in the wrong situations.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #75
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This part right here is what REALLY worries me.

Harden passes out of a shot in mid-air to throw a pass into the paint and the ball goes right through the CPU Gasol's hands who makes a lazy steal attempt. Not only that but Gasol just completely ignores Capela and lets him go to the basket.

Inexcusable if the paint defense is this soft again.

And what is CPU Kawhi doing anyway? Why is the best perimteter defenders in the NBA just letting Harden turbo down the court like that?
if you factor in pau gasol is 37 years old and isn't the player he used to be this looks completely realistic.

if anything i dont like how kawhi pulled a poltergist move and warped onto hardens body. I dont expect everything in a video game to be perfect though it is what it is

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 08-28-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 11:50 AM   #76
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Don't know how some of you can come to any conclusions based on these videos. I suppose if I watched them over and over again and analyzed them I could pick up some of the similarities and differences with 2k17 but it just seems unfair to make judgements based on these short videos where the users are playing like chickens with their heads cut off.

We'll be getting more official gameplay within the next week or so along with the prelude on the 8th so I'm going to hold any judgement until then.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #77
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Quote:
This part right here is what REALLY worries me.

Harden passes out of a shot in mid-air to throw a pass into the paint and the ball goes right through the CPU Gasol's hands who makes a lazy steal attempt. Not only that but Gasol just completely ignores Capela and lets him go to the basket.

Inexcusable if the paint defense is this soft again.

?????

The ball goes over Gasol's head, he just timed the catch and location of the ball wrong. Also his back is to the basket so that's why Capela is open, he didn't ignore him, it seems to me he was wanted to intercept the pass than pay attention to his man.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:52 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
if you factor in pau gasol is 37 years old and isn't the player he used to be this looks completely realistic.

if anything i dont like how kawhi pulled a poltergist move and warped onto hardens body. I dont expect everything in a video game to be perfect though it is what it is

I'd argue the opposite. pau's defensive lapse had nothing to do with athleticism, but rather mental and that's saying something considering pau is a full blown vet. regardless, it's not a good look on the defensive front, it looks like bad programming. we expect a1 defense this year, period. glad I haven't preordered yet, phew.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
?????

The ball goes over Gasol's head, he just timed the catch and location of the ball wrong. Also his back is to the basket so that's why Capela is open, he didn't ignore him, it seems to me he was wanted to intercept the pass than pay attention to his man.
pau is clearly rotating to stop harden, and it's bad because he's oblivious to his man's positioning.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #80
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

"That's lazy defense, and has no place in the game"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGFM19IAqoc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »