Home

Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage

This is a discussion on Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #49
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage

I really hope I like ball handling this year. It's suburban ghetto but I can see some differences already.

I've completely stopped playing 2k17 so now I wait

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2017, 08:07 AM   #50
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
My bad. Yeah, the sticks are old as well. I just checked a playoff 2k17 video and the thundersticks were out in full force during the away teams free throw. Earlier, I ran a 2k17 spurs playoffs series and didn't actually see them so I figured they were new.

2k17 Thunderstick @46:06 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRmls2y82s
Hey just like the real NBA, they don't work lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #51
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Game looks like it flows better in these vids. Hoping there are more out there like these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

- Same lack of collision detection that has been in the series forever. In real life, if someone runs into you on the same side as the ball while you're dribbling the ball, something needs to happen. A collision, a foul, the ball being knocked out. Something.

- The way Parker squares up for a jump shot is so unnatural. He runs right near the free throw line left elbow and then shoots like he was coming from down the middle. In 2K12 each player had at least three set shots based on your previous momentum. I have no idea why that was taken out.

- Dribbling looks much better as shown by Harden's handles (although I haven't played much of 17 so don't know how much of an improvement that is)

- Can't really say much about help defense. There were no picks called or anything. Help D for most part seemed OK, although I didn't like @1:30 when CPU Gasol left Capela wide open under the basket to help out on Harden when (1) CPU Leonard was defending him and (2) Harden hadn't beaten him yet.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #53
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

I just hope that the guys playing was so bad that they couldn't play defense because they had a tough time staying in front of each other.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #54
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Every year the game is good out of the box then they patch things to tone down defense and increase open shot FG%. Last year out of the box was fantastic.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #55
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
- Same lack of collision detection that has been in the series forever. In real life, if someone runs into you on the same side as the ball while you're dribbling the ball, something needs to happen. A collision, a foul, the ball being knocked out. Something.

- The way Parker squares up for a jump shot is so unnatural. He runs right near the free throw line left elbow and then shoots like he was coming from down the middle. In 2K12 each player had at least three set shots based on your previous momentum. I have no idea why that was taken out.

- Dribbling looks much better as shown by Harden's handles (although I haven't played much of 17 so don't know how much of an improvement that is)

- Can't really say much about help defense. There were no picks called or anything. Help D for most part seemed OK, although I didn't like @1:30 when CPU Gasol left Capela wide open under the basket to help out on Harden when (1) CPU Leonard was defending him and (2) Harden hadn't beaten him yet.
This. If anyone has ever played basketball, running towards a defender and not protecting the ball is an easy way to lose it. In 2k people run straight through 2 guys and the ball stays magnetized to their body
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #56
Pro

Idk what hurt more to look at, the moving defenders out of the way or the ignoring open shooters and cutters in turn for a VERY VERY sketchy pull up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »