Home

NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #345
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher

Isolation defense
NBA (vs) NBA2k18 (vs) NBA2k14

Spoiler tag contains more content. NBA2k14 spoiler tag contains added screenshot and 2 sets of video (Rookie and HOF isolation defense). Entire post includes screenshots, gif and video examples of isolation defense.

Even though we currently only have limited 2k18 visual gameplay without knowing about the difficulty level, I believe NBA2k14 replicates NBA isolation defense better. I ran a test run on both Rookie and Hall of Fame yesterday for NBA2k14. The difficulty level doesn't determine defensive positioning at all. And thus, I can hypothesize that the isolation defensive positioning for 2k18 (albeit a small sample size) can be found at any level, ranging from rookie to hall of fame.

NBA isolation defense

Spoiler

2k18 isolation defense

Spoiler

2k14 isolation defense

Spoiler

Rookie

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-01-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #346
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0

Is matchups matter this year ?

If im using Celtics with kyrie at PG vs Warriors is klay will be guarding me or curry ?

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:25 PM   #347
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Bumping because it's not even close to time of letting this thread leave the first page.

It's going to come in Handy next weekend.

Last edited by 23; 09-01-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #348
MVP

OVR: 33

Hopefully we would still get some interaction by then, couple of great q's and suggestions within the last pages ... sincerely wish it doesn't sounds as a knock on OG, as am sure this time around is though to find time to also come in here, but rather as a compliment on how much interactivity we have in the other thread ... specially after that other thread, I am nervous about how the AI can fare against such jump on the O side of the court, then again, maybe that is exactly why, he might be still working hand in hand with devs on ironing things or bringing even more guns to the fight.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-01-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #349
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Hopefully we would still get some interaction by then, as compared to the other thread there is little right now in here, couple of great q's and suggestions within the last pages ... sincerely wish it doesn't sounds as a knock on OG, as am sure this time around is though to find time to also come in here, but rather as a compliment on how much interactivity we have in the other thread ... specially after that other thread, I am nervous about how the AI can fare against such jump on the O side of the court.
I know OG had to go to New York so that could be part of it.

Still alot of people wont care to talk about defense unless they cant play it to complain and gripe.

Its kinda wack though because they have so many options available its ridiculous

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 PM   #350
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I know OG had to go to New York so that could be part of it.

Still alot of people wont care to talk about defense unless they cant play it to complain and gripe.

Its kinda wack though because they have so many options available its ridiculous

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Indeed ... and knew there was a reason, not that he needs one tho.

Oddly enough, I will be one of those that wait until I have the final game in my hands (wont even download the prelude, as I am already sold), thus not to complain but to train and practice and have plenty of matches and live all kinds of situations to then try and make suggestions .... having said that, there are some great suggestions from others in here from the ''little'' we have seen ... also, something that I need to realize is not to judge future 2k staff interactions based on the other thread ... the sim prez upped the bar tremendously (which was already very high to begin with) of what we have come to expect in terms of dev/producer interaction with the community.

I cant wait for the game and for more discussions and interactions, with people as customer oriented and as knowledgeable as OG and Da_Czar !
Old 09-01-2017, 08:46 PM   #351
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Indeed ... and knew there was a reason, not that he needs one tho.

Oddly enough, I will be one of those that wait until I have the final game in my hands (wont even download the prelude, as I am already sold), thus not to complain but to train and practice and have plenty of matches and live all kinds of situations to then try and make suggestions .... having said that, there are some great suggestions from others in here from the ''little'' we have seen ... also, something that I need to realize is not to judge future 2k staff interactions based on the other thread ... the sim prez upped the bar tremendously (which was already very high to begin with) of what we have come to expect in terms of dev/producer interaction with the community.

I cant wait for the game and for more discussions and interactions, with people as customer oriented and as knowledgeable as OG and Da_Czar !

Man, yall see what Da Czar is like from that but I wish I could really tell you.

The dude is DOPE.

I don't know how much they'll be able to talk (and should be let alone to get a rest because they work way too much) but enjoy it while they're here.

All I can tell you is we are beyond blessed, more than most of us realize to have a dude like this around.

You have no idea lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #352
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Hopefully can get some insight into this.

Watch Pippen on the Pistons inbounds play (4:24) - sorry couldn't work out the embed/time start thing.

What on earth is he doing?

Hoping it's either a one off freak occurrence or it's a coding issue that can get cleaned up. Can see this sort of thing killing people's experience in close games etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »